Florida Panhandle Buck

Swamprat

Swamprat
This buck was killed a few weeks ago by a co-workers nephew in the northern part of Washington County.

The deer scored at 161" but with deductions it dropped to just under 155"
Should make the top 10 in the state.

Attachments

• adkison-1.jpg
    adkison-1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 890
Last edited:

Arrow3

Great buck!!!

DaGris

Banned
thats a nice one for anywhere

Swamprat

Swamprat
And thats a Florida Buck? Man thats an incredible buck

We get some big ones around here from time to time. The ag crops certainly help out.

miller

Awesome deer.

grouper sandwich

Some of the counties in North Florida, particuarly Gadsden, Jefferson, Leon, Madison, Calhoun, Washington, Jackson and even Bay produce very good bucks on a yearly basis. The rep of scrub bucks and tiny deer is mostly an issue with the area south of Gainesville. The northern counties possess good genes, nutrient rich soils, an abundance of agriculture, and low human population densities.

Hunting Teacher

Man,
That is one unbelievable Florida deer.
Congrats to him!

and low human population densities.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, that isn't going to last.:cry:
I had planned on moving to NW Florida when I retired, but I see the handwriting on the wall for that area!
It's gonna be just like Central Florida in ten or twelve years.
Teacher

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
I used to go to panama city there a lot in spring and summer.Them fellas that worked at dustys bar had a wall with alot of pictures of deer several were nice bucks 130 140 class.They also had alot of big shark pictures to man they got both good hunting and fishing.They also got some of the biggest coons i have every seen down there.Fish on.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Good deer, tell him congrats.

Slipper

Up until this season #9 & #10 in the state scored 154 6/8 and #1 in Washington county was 142 5/8, which will leave him #1 in Washington by a long shot.

ranger1977

Nice one. I hope he has a vaulted ceiling in his house for that high rack. Hey swamprat, you're not going to change your avatar anytime soon, right?:D

Swamprat

Swamprat

swamp hunter

Beautiful Fla, buck!! Just bought some land in Taylor county,Fla. Plus 80 thousand acres of hunt club, at the back door . Hopin to pick out one nice un like that per year, PS do you have a 180 degree of the umm stadium crowd for your avatar?

Swamprat

Swamprat
Beautiful Fla, buck!! Just bought some land in Taylor county,Fla. Plus 80 thousand acres of hunt club, at the back door . Hopin to pick out one nice un like that per year, PS do you have a 180 degree of the umm stadium crowd for your avatar?

Ol Taylor County.....lot of doggie hunting in that stretch of Florida. Enjoy the property though and hope you kill a biggun.

Still trying to get the 180 shot but she ain't cooperating.:D

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Fl Panhandle buck

low human population densities
There's plenty of people around here, are you saying we aren't human? :D

Swamprat, is it legal to have silicone on an avatar?

Nice buck...

DCOMP54

wasn't he 1 of 2

WASN'T HE ONE OF 2 DEER THAT CAME OFF THE RIVER THAT DAY, THE OTHER WAS A 9 POINT? 1 UP RIVER AND ONE DOWN RIVER. ??? SAW THE PICS AT HARRIS FARM SUPPLY.
NICE DEER.BETTER THAN THE ONE THE FRONT OF MY TRUCK FOUND.

miller

Here is another picture from the FWC site. This is a great deer.
Adkisondeer-web.JPG

Swamprat

Swamprat
WASN'T HE ONE OF 2 DEER THAT CAME OFF THE RIVER THAT DAY, THE OTHER WAS A 9 POINT? 1 UP RIVER AND ONE DOWN RIVER. ??? SAW THE PICS AT HARRIS FARM SUPPLY.
NICE DEER.BETTER THAN THE ONE THE FRONT OF MY TRUCK FOUND.

You talking about Harris in Vernon? I live about 10 minutes from there.

From what I understand this buck was killed in the NE part of Washington County.