Garden

B. White

Anybody still gardening this time of year? I’m digging sweet potatoes. I have gotten two and a half rows dug so far. Have one more to go. Already have more than we could eat in a year even if we throw out all the splits. Hard to keep track of how many you’ve got in the sea of vines. We’re getting a handful of okra every other day or so off the red burgundy. Have my fall seedlings started and will get them out in the next month or so. The last batch of cover crop (iron clay pea, sunflower, and buckwheat) is getting ready to be turned under. With deer season under way, I always get far less enthusiastic about planting a fall garden. Hopefully I can buckle down and get some groceries in the ground. Gotta start a tray of onions in the next week or two

Planted my fall stuff yesterday. I had seed, but there were some plants I wanted. Can't believe I had to drive an hour stopping at different places to find a few basic fall plants. I guess everything is still like my sweet potato luck in the spring. Couldn't even find them online.

B. White

Added a crimson clover buffer around the corner out of sight to the left. Hopefully it will keep the critters eating over there and not my stuff.

241978873_10226278754744989_3503551225178291318_n.jpg