Georgia / Alabama (2023 SEC Championship)

BamaGeorgialine

Sucks to lose. But Bama winning will keep the SEC out of playoffs. FSU will win. I hope they don’t so Bama can get in. Dawgs should’ve won the game and they’d be in. Dawgs had a good run. Let’s start another one! Go Dawgs!
I got killed on here for saying that Bama lost when they lost Metchie and Williamson that year. Injuries matter. Next man up transferred when he wasn't starting. Well, Bowers and Ladd hurt made a HUGE difference. Some guys you just can't replace. I know they happen and it's part of the game, but I think that the Dawgs win if those two guys had played

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I may have saw it. I probably swiped through it. I don't care about an avatar. I thought that Georgia had a bettet team and they still might. Injuries hurt the Dawgs. That's not an excuse, that's a fact. I like conversations on here and I don't get that caught up in it. I'm doing the same thing right now that I would have been doing if Bama lost. I need you to wish me luck hunting, not a football game!
:bounce:

Bull crap! You’re still doing cartwheels over there in the living room! At least attempting to do cartwheels. Prolly done accidentally knocked a couple holes in the wall too. :bounce:

brownceluse

I don’t make excuses. The coaches say all the time the other team has them to. Mims going out hurt us as well. But, I’d had been really worried if the Dawgs laid down and didn’t fight. If we got to lose a game I’d like it to be to the goat. Believe it or not. Because his kid has been our goat! Sucks the SEC may not even make the playoffs. Because this is the best conference, period! @BamaGeorgialine

Duff

Good game Bammers. Too many mistakes for the Dawgs to overcome(that’s not a knock against Bama, just the way games play out). Hope y’all get in and show them what the Sec is about!

BamaGeorgialine

I don’t make excuses. The coaches say all the time the other team has them to. Mims going out hurt us as well. But, I’d had been really worried if the Dawgs laid down and didn’t fight. If we got to lose a game I’d like it to be to the goat. Believe it or not. Because his kid has been our goat! Sucks the SEC may not even make the playoffs. Because this is the best conference, period! @BamaGeorgialine
If FSU gets in, they'll be a 21 point dog. The playoff games should never have a team with over a 3 point favorite over the other. It's a flawed system. This year playoffs would be unbelievable. Then you get a ****ed off team in there that just got beat with a chip on their shoulder. There'd be fireworks

Duff

Surely to goodness this FSU team will not get in.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I got killed on here for saying that Bama lost when they lost Metchie and Williamson that year. Injuries matter. Next man up transferred when he wasn't starting. Well, Bowers and Ladd hurt made a HUGE difference. Some guys you just can't replace. I know they happen and it's part of the game, but I think that the Dawgs win if those two guys had played
Maybe. Our defense fell apart against the run with GT last week. I knew then Bama would gash us with Milroe and you did.

Maybe if our O had been 100% with Bowers, McConkey and RaRa bringing their A+ game we win the foot race.

Bottom line we came up short when it mattered and Bama didn’t. Who knows? Maybe if we play it again it goes the other way but that’s just nothing but talk.

The only shame I see in this is probably neither team gets in and at least one of us deserves to be. Next year fixes all that, right?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Surely to goodness this FSU team will not get in.
If they win tonight why not? They would be an undefeated Power 5 conference champ. Don’t tell me we’re going to decide who gets in based on stylin and profilin.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Guess I’m a nostalgia guy. Bama’s 30th conference win is the last under the current format. Glad the team closed that chapter winning.

buckpasser

Maybe. Our defense fell apart against the run with GT last week. I knew then Bama would gash us with Milroe and you did.

Maybe if our O had been 100% with Bowers, McConkey and RaRa bringing their A+ game we win the foot race.

Bottom line we came up short when it mattered and Bama didn’t. Who knows? Maybe if we play it again it goes the other way but that’s just nothing but talk.

The only shame I see in this is probably neither team gets in and at least one of us deserves to be. Next year fixes all that, right?

I think the ability to actually win a NC falls off pretty quickly after about 5 or 6, so that would have been the perfect system. That said, yes, next year ALL the possibles will play for it.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I think the ability to actually win a NC falls off pretty quickly after about 5 or 6, so that would have been the perfect system. That said, yes, next year ALL the possibles will play for it.
I’m good with a 12 team system as long as its the Power 5 conference champs and the other 7 teams with the best record. That’s not going to happen because everybody has to get a trophy so the lesser conference champs will be in as the homecoming queen’s court. A lot of those teams just don’t belong in the FBS.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Sucks to lose. But Bama winning will keep the SEC out of playoffs. FSU will win. I hope they don’t so Bama can get in. Dawgs should’ve won the game and they’d be in. Dawgs had a good run. Let’s start another one! Go Dawgs!
GO DAWGS!

greendawg

UGA out gained Bama tonight in total yards. I keep hearing people say that Bama ran all over UGA, but that didn't happen. UGA was one play away from winning this game. If they had stopped Bama on the last drive, I think they drive down and tie or win the game.

BamaGeorgialine

UGA out gained Bama tonight in total yards. I keep hearing people say that Bama ran all over UGA, but that didn't happen. UGA was one play away from winning this game. If they had stopped Bama on the last drive, I think they drive down and tie or win the game.
Bama had 192 yards rushing to Georgia's 78. I believe that was the difference. Controlling the line of scrimmage.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Bama had 192 yards rushing to Georgia's 78. I believe that was the difference. Controlling the line of scrimmage.

I believe it was more a case we made a couple more mistakes at crucial times than Bama did. That false start on the FG attempt was a biggie. When teams are evenly matched liked last night it's the little things that make the difference and that was the battle Bama won.

Last edited: