Georgia / Alabama (2023 SEC Championship)

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The view from the Bama side…

drhunter1

Bobo called 1 good series of plays. The first one. After that it seemed he bumped his head. He made almost no adjustments and honestly looked lost.

MudDucker

Staff member
Bobo called 1 good series of plays. The first one. After that it seemed he bumped his head. He made almost no adjustments and honestly looked lost.

Bama manhandled us on a drive running and I'll bet Kirby wanted to send the message that we could to, only we didn't. Milton ran pretty well, but Edwards seemed to be missing the holes a lot.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I will say this. BAMA fans & others on here have shown a lot of class by minimizing the taunting of UGA fans during their time of mourning.
If the roles had been reversed, we all know how these threads would look.

Congratulations Alabama on winning the SEC Championship.

brownceluse

Bobo called a good game. We lost the LOS. Bama sold out to stop the run and they did just that. Hindsight is 20/20 for every play caller. If you think Bobo is our issue for losing then I guess Shuman and Muschamp did great? We play the hand we are dealt. I knew if we lost it would be BoBo’s fault.

brownceluse

@4HAND Let them Bring it. That’s what it’s all about. I’ve been around this forum a long time. The Dawgs were the easiest punch line for years my brother. We dont have to be worried about anything coming our way for any trash talking that’s been done the last couple years. We lost to the goat. He stopped our 29 sec record setting win streak. Dawgs aren’t going anywhere.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
@4HAND Let them Bring it. That’s what it’s all about. I’ve been around this forum a long time. The Dawgs were the easiest punch line for years my brother. We dont have to be worried about anything coming our way for any trash talking that’s been done the last couple years. We lost to the goat. He stopped our 29 sec record setting win streak. Dawgs aren’t going anywhere.
Well said, you’re consistent in a honest evaluation, good or bad. You are correct, Kirby is a good coach and going no where. Saban hasn’t indicated he wants to retire yet. The great rivalry will continue.

Gbr5pb

Well it looks like I won’t be losing any sleep watching the playoffs or NC game! Don’t think I care anything about any of the leftover teams

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Bama had 192 yards rushing to Georgia's 78. I believe that was the difference. Controlling the line of scrimmage.
GA fan here, I agree, IMO the Bamer line just looked big and strong. We needed another Davis or two in the middle. There were a few pass plays where the bammer QB had no pressure

Baroque Brass

A couple of final thoughts then I’m done worrying about it until the ‘24 kickoff:

When the questionable false start penalty was called before the field goal, why didn’t we kick and try to pin them deep and let the defense do it’s thing? As it was, we gave them great field position and they scored.

Bama had a delay of game called as time ran out in the first quarter. Why did Kirby decline the penalty?

basshappy

BANNED
I will say this. BAMA fans & others on here have shown a lot of class by minimizing the taunting of UGA fans during their time of mourning.
If the roles had been reversed, we all know how these threads would look.

Congratulations Alabama on winning the SEC Championship.

For SURE. Without any doubt at all.

485446-f2a090de4abeec98efc4175124e8bacc.jpg

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
GA fan here, I agree, IMO the Bamer line just looked big and strong. We needed another Davis or two in the middle. There were a few pass plays where the bammer QB had no pressure
Many more than a few.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

riprap

I enjoyed the trick play in the shadow of our goaline to a guy who rarely gets the ball and fumbled. We don't have the running QB we had last year and bama does. Bobo was improving all season until Saturday. Looked like his usual big game performance under richt with a great scripted first drive then run run pass punt or field goal. Also force feeding the ball to injured Bowers and Ladd

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Well said, you’re consistent in a honest evaluation, good or bad. You are correct, Kirby is a good coach and going no where. Saban hasn’t indicated he wants to retire yet. The great rivalry will continue.
Yep. Everybody pretty much knows it’s going to boil down to Bama and the Dawgs at the end of the season.

MudDucker

Staff member
I enjoyed the trick play in the shadow of our goaline to a guy who rarely gets the ball and fumbled. We don't have the running QB we had last year and bama does. Bobo was improving all season until Saturday. Looked like his usual big game performance under richt with a great scripted first drive then run run pass punt or field goal. Also force feeding the ball to injured Bowers and Ladd

That was one of those plays that you either look brilliant or a dud. They have been practicing that play for weeks without a hitch. Beck missed the hand oof. He was so sure of the play that he didn't look back in time to see the ball on the ground. It happens.

Beck was the one chosing the receivers and trying to force the ball.

Now, do you need further education on why these errors belong to the players rather than the coaches?