Georgia High School NIL Approved

killerv

You'll see more 8th graders getting held back, already seeing it now. And dont you still have to sit out a year if moving from a ghsa to ghsa school once you are in the 9th grade or above within the same district? You'll also see parents renting, which I imagine a lot already do, so they can move quickly if wanting to transfer.

BamaGeorgialine

Our big travel player kid catches a lot, he's serviceable. But his parents setup shop right behind home plate. I dont think he enjoys it, coach told him to put catchers gear on the other night and kid started whining, my son caught instead. They complained about everything, even yelling at kids on the other team to stop getting to close to the plate. I told them the kids are in the batters box, but then I got jumped on. I just avoid them now. Parents do take the fun out of it.
I umpired through the summers in high school and I wouldn't let anyone sit behind home plate. It was actually a rule

bullgator

Florida seems to be following suit. Proposals in the works.

basshappy

BANNED
I umpired through the summers in high school and I wouldn't let anyone sit behind home plate. It was actually a rule

I caught youth up through middle school and I talked to the batters, the girls in the stands, even parents. I ran my mouth so much ... but it was the '80s. I bet now you can't say anything as a catcher.

A good mate of mine transitioned to umping after playing and he would throw parents out - leave the stands and field area or play will not continue. To the parents who behaved like it was a hockey fight.

bullgator

I'm gonna crawl out on a limb and say that requirement would void a large number of potentials, and then would come lawsuits. LOL
If they can’t hit a 3.0 they have no reason to go to a major university.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
In all seriousness. This game is doomed for real now. From Pop Warner to middle school to High School. So be it.

11 year old gladiators for hire. What's not to like?

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
What's gonna keep colleges from sticking their nose in this to get a kid to commit?
But ..that's illegal ;)

But..for the NIL(s) collective(s) associated with each school(s), talent is an open market.

Duff

Great idea! What could go wrong?

bullgator

But ..that's illegal ;)

But..for the NIL(s) collective(s) associated with each school(s), talent is an open market.
High school prostitution?…..not much difference if society decides to view it as a marketable talent.