Georgia looks like a good bet to win SEC East

sandhillmike

Gone but not forgotten
Schedules come and go, strap it on and play ball. Having A&M and Mizzoo will make things different for a while, but what the heck, welcome aboard the SEC juggernaught. If expansion was inevitable, and I believe it was, we got a couple of good schools with these two. They will be competitive in several sports right away, and will get better in others as they are able to recruit for the requirements of this conference. Again, I welcome them both to the new SEC.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Fact: Uga will lose to Carolina.
Fact: if they sneak in the seccg again, they will get tore up by bama.

As chadair once told me, you are either a fortune teller or a liar.

grunt0331

It doesn't matter who is on the schedule, it is the team's job to win the dang games. Would I rather play Ole Miss or MSU instead of LSU on the road? Heck yeah, but that isn't the way the cookie crumbled. It is up to the team to go into a hostile environment and win, plain and simple.

Due to USC beating UGA head to head last year, do I think USC should have been the East champs? Maybe, but if we had beaten Auburn, there would be no discussion. Win on the field and nothing else matters.

.........but the SEC must love the Dwags cause they have another plum schedule this year.:rofl:

pbplayer1

Fact: Uga will lose to Carolina.
Fact: if they sneak in the seccg again, they will get tore up by bama.

I'm not scared to admit that SC has a good team. I will also admit that if you compare your talent to UGA's talent, we have you beat hands down. Most likely Lattimore's playing time will be reduced to try and prevent another knee injury, and he was one of the best things SC had going for them. SC also lost a few of their key players from last year which I think is going to make a difference on the field as well. Time will tell.

ACguy

Of course UGA is the favorite in the east. They have a easy SEC schedule and a lot of good players back from last year. They are the clear favorite because of the schedules against the west.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Of course UGA is the favorite in the east. They have a easy SEC schedule and a lot of good players back from last year. They are the clear favorite because of the schedules against the west.

And it bothers you doesn't it?:bounce:

I am not sure, but all SC had to do is beat an Auburn team that was considered to be "weaker" than them last year. So Coach Spurrier is saying we have an easy schedule but his team could not beat a team that they were considered better than. I dont know about the rest of you, but that sounds like a him problem and not a us problem.

kracker

Gone, but not Forgotten
I am not sure, but all SC had to do is beat an Auburn team that was considered to be "weaker" than them last year. So Coach Spurrier is saying we have an easy schedule but his team could not beat a team that they were considered better than. I dont know about the rest of you, but that sounds like a him problem and not a us problem.

See post 24, Auburn has already been addressed by a Gamecock fan.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Nope. I think they get a advantage but It don't matter who UGA plays as long as Richt is their.

Does it bother you that UGA always needs the west to help them win their division?

No. It might if it was true. Does it bother you that Florida has become a punch line? Because it crakcs me up.

And I think you meant, as long as Richt is THERE. I know we don't have to worry about Florida winning as long as Muschamp is "their".:rofl::rofl:

chadair

Bama has to beat LSU at home to get to the SECCG. I don't see that happening this year as LSU fields an even stronger team.
is the LSU field only 50 yards long? seems to me they played Bama in La just a few months ago and it didnt even slow em down from winnin their 12th championship :rofl::rofl:

emusmacker

Does this(below) look like whining?

No but the whining about the strength of schedule in the same post does.

And I don't know about all SC fans, but the 3 or 4 on here whined when UGA won the east. Like I said, Carolina fans gotta whine about something.

Latest posts