God and space aliens

Gabassmaster

jesusalian.gif

thats wrong man lol

I believe in GOD and the bible says jesus died ONCE for us. If there was life on other planets he would have had to go die for them too. so there is no other life.

:rofl: So since the Bible also doesn't mention motorcycles, 4-wheelers or guns, I'll bet they don't exist either, right?

stringmusic

:rofl: So since the Bible also doesn't mention motorcycles, 4-wheelers or guns, I'll bet they don't exist either, right?

Its just those things don't matter to salvation, so they did not need to be talked about in the Bible.

stringmusic

So aliens matter to salvation, but not those things. Sorry, I must have missed the memo. Carry on then. :rofl:

You have got to stop rearranging words and assuming things so much, you know what they say about assumptions.... The bible never talks about space aliens either.:smash:

You have got to stop rearranging words and assuming things so much, you know what they say about assumptions.... The bible never talks about space aliens either.:smash:

Right. But if you go by this quote by gabassmaster:

I believe in GOD and the bible says jesus died ONCE for us. If there was life on other planets he would have had to go die for them too. so there is no other life.

The Bible never talks about aliens. Just because it doesn't talk about them (as with guns, motorcycles, etc.) doesn't mean they don't exist. Sorry... I guess I didn't fully explain my line of reasoning here. Hopefully that helps explain my thought process a bit. I was just explaining the flaw in gabassmaster's argument that the lack of talking about a particular subject doesn't mean that the subject doesn't exist.

VisionCasting

So since the Bible also doesn't mention motorcycles, 4-wheelers or guns, I'll bet they don't exist either, right?

Timely principle, timeless application.

ted_BSR

To answer the original question, God is more likely to exist, because something would have to create the ETs.

Not to say I don't belive ETs exist, it is possible. I have never seen one, but that doesn't mean they do not exist.

dexrusjak

I don't know. To borrow an unoriginal thought, " There are billions of galaxies with thousands of planets in each one. If we are the only ones, it seems like an aweful waste of space."

I have never seen a UFO, and that concludes my knowledge of extraterrestrial life.

I grew up in the church. Was there Sunday morning, night, Wed. night, and Fri. night youth group, with a smattering of other special days thrown in. I am familiar with Mountain Top experiences, and have heard every of miracle modern and old. My problem is I have never felt God's presence. I don't witness a person being yanked out of the path of an oncoming car and think, "It's a miracle! God saved him!" There are too many other people that got hit, that did not get rescued. It's too random.

In the Old Testiment and the new, there were frequent, blatant miracles to get people in line. If I have had a miracle in my life, it was so obscure I flew right by it unaware. So again I have to say, I don't know.

Boy, the Southern Baptist in my head is giving me some STERN looks right now!

:clap::clap:This is an absolutely fantastic response. Genuine and honest. Very refreshing to read. Thanks. :clap::clap:

vowell462

I dont believe other life exists, I am convinced of it. There is way too much evidence such as the Pyramids in Geza and South America. Places like Puma Puka in Bolivia. I just dont believe that as humans we went from hunters and gatherers and overnight building structures that modern day engineers cant build. The book " Chariots of the Gods" by Eric Von Daniken really opened my eyes to this belief. I just saw on the news a couple months ago where some astronomers found a planet 2 million light years away that has oceans. Oceans. That more than likely means there is life. I believe that we have been visited by some sort of other life in the past. Theres just no other logical explanation.

fishinbub

I've yet to see how the presence of aliens was supported by the basic laws of science, so God gets my vote...

atlashunter

I've yet to see how the presence of aliens was supported by the basic laws of science, so God gets my vote...

Then how do you exist?

fishinbub

Then how do you exist?

According to the basic laws of science (Law of Conservation of Mass, Biogenesis) the earth and it's inhabitants cannot exist. Something out there (whether it be the freak explosion that created matter, or the first living organism to evolve from non-living matter, or the greater being that created it, just depends on your belief) was not bound by the same scientific laws that applies to everything else, a "greater being" if you will. If there is a scientific law that suggests that there must be ET life out there, I'd be appreciate it if you'd let me know. I'd like to study it a bit...

atlashunter

Try this on for size...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6QYDdgP9eg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6QYDdgP9eg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

fishinbub

Try this on for size...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6QYDdgP9eg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6QYDdgP9eg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Neat video. Sounds good and all, but the original argument (before the theory on the formation of life) is flawed. If evolution doesn't account for the formation of the universe and/or life, what exactly does it prove? We know that life has made slight adaptation as the environment has changed, such as the extinction of dinos after the flood, or the increase in microbes after the BP spill. I dare say any Christian believes life directly after creation was exactly the same it is now.

The video also ignores the Law of Conservation of Mass. Also, if scientists can't create life in a lab, it's little more than an "educated guess", and requires a rather significant amount of faith.

Tight Lines,
Bub

atlashunter

Neat video. Sounds good and all, but the original argument (before the theory on the formation of life) is flawed. If evolution doesn't account for the formation of the universe and/or life, what exactly does it prove? We know that life has made slight adaptation as the environment has changed, such as the extinction of dinos after the flood, or the increase in microbes after the BP spill. I dare say any Christian believes life directly after creation was exactly the same it is now.

The video also ignores the Law of Conservation of Mass. Also, if scientists can't create life in a lab, it's little more than an "educated guess", and requires a rather significant amount of faith.

Tight Lines,
Bub

The video answers this at the 1:15 mark.

We also know over time, those slight adaptations add up to significant ones.

Really? What part of the video do you think violates the law of conservation of mass?

Nonsense. There are plenty of things that we know about but can't create in a lab. Give it time, there is still much to learn and discover. I'm just glad the scientists that are working on it didn't assume like you that what we don't know must be supernatural and not worth pursuing. We'd know a lot less right now if they did.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
I dont believe other life exists, I am convinced of it. There is way too much evidence such as the Pyramids in Geza and South America. Places like Puma Puka in Bolivia. I just dont believe that as humans we went from hunters and gatherers and overnight building structures that modern day engineers cant build. The book " Chariots of the Gods" by Eric Von Daniken really opened my eyes to this belief. I just saw on the news a couple months ago where some astronomers found a planet 2 million light years away that has oceans. Oceans. That more than likely means there is life. I believe that we have been visited by some sort of other life in the past. Theres just no other logical explanation.

Huh? you lost me...

fishinbub

The video answers this at the 1:15 mark.

We also know over time, those slight adaptations add up to significant ones.

Really? What part of the video do you think violates the law of conservation of mass?

Nonsense. There are plenty of things that we know about but can't create in a lab. Give it time, there is still much to learn and discover. I'm just glad the scientists that are working on it didn't assume like you that what we don't know must be supernatural and not worth pursuing. We'd know a lot less right now if they did.

Law of Conservation of Mass: The principle that matter cannot be created or destroyed.

You are arguing against scientific law (a phenomenon of nature that has been proven to invariably occur) with theory (a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact) Either living organisms can be created from non-living matter, or they can't. Despite the video's (a youtube video, hardly scientific proof of anything) attempt to twist things, this theory is in direct conflict with Biogenesis. You can't debunk factual evidence with theories...