Grady/Thomas/Mitchell Counties

hortonhunter22

was seeing the deer in the fields in the evenings a while back...thats slowed lately have been seeing them regular on the early morning drive to work....ive only got pics of a single doe and her fawn on our feeder...a lil off from last year when i just scattered the corn on the ground...seemed to get way more pics this way...but there are some big peanut fields nearby that im thinkin probably have the deers attention right now. Hope some of the young up and comers that cruised through late last year show back up for a sniff around while im there

its not fit for man nor beast outdoors,hard to believe seasons a week away,thinkin about hunting in nothin but camo drawers and a thermacell, anybody shoot any birds today?

hortonhunter22

went to elmodel that was a bust looked like...4 hrs in and everybody was just sittin under the shade trees shooting the bull...may have been 50 shots before we left bout 4 430...they were picking corn yesterday should be good dove shoot next saturday

Hosed again at rivercreek,even got me on adult/youth hunt. I guess I'll just go sling arrows those two weeks. Did get second hunt again at silverlake with no priority points .I'm thinking they can't give that hunt away. Anybody have any luck on first pick?

hortonhunter22

man if ya want to go to river creek you will have to decide up front and not apply for any other hunts...you will need at least 4 priority points i would guess. The chances of getting the december hunt anyway...i hear ya can get that early gun hunt with only 1 or 2 rejections. its kinda hard to wait that long, especially when ya have other places around that you could hunt the rut on a quota and probably get a nice deer if ya put your time in. They kill some nice deer at silver lake every year. but ill wait it out at least one more time...after that my boys will probably be ready to start chasin after em, maybe, and we will start goin somewhere with more deer:cool:

southGAlefty

First sit of the year tonight and I was on the deer. Got busted by a spike when he crossed below me instead of above me like he was supposed to. After he blew I found out there was at least one more with him. Oh well, I'll take it for the first sit.

hortonhunter22

thats awesome...still yet to get my first sit in...prolly get after them tomorrow it sure feeling like fall in the air today...did get the first call of the year...so deer #1 is at the cooler waiting on me...yehaw

hortonhunter22

haha gamhunter if the adult could shoot i would be borrowing folks kids to get out there lol...good luck out there...looks a lil different out there this year

ACracing98

In the stand yesterday PM in Thomas County.....no luck....most of my game camera pics show deer movement at night or early morning

ACracing98

Thomas county PM hunt yesterday...no luck...most pics show deer moving at night/ early am

shaynepaul708

2 bucks came out on my best friend bow kill tracking job by Randy vick and annie no passthru but great shot

Last edited:

mrnow

Back in Cairo for hunting season. Big fat nothin today, maybe tomorrow will be better.

GAMHUNTER35

got some pics of some nice bucks. neighbor got a doe the other day an i went this morning an got me a doe she had a small 4 an a small 6 following her come by at 10 am got to work tomorrow

southGAlefty

For all you Thomas county guys, when is the "time" to be in the woods? We've got some land right on the Grady/Thomas line just off Hwy 84 and I'm just wondering if a difference in a few miles could make that big of a difference in how they rut compared to our land that's closer to the city limits of Cairo? Its usually mid to late December there.