Grady/Thomas/Mitchell Counties

southGAlefty

Always before Thanksgiving on on all my places lefty i have about 5 small tracks from Thomasville to Ochlocknee

That's wild. I swear 6-7 miles farther east and it's a month later.

Our land is off Pine Park Rd. So you're saying next couple weeks should be game on?

Thanks ahead of time.

hortonhunter22

ive seen several different tracts over the years, and its a snowball affect starting mid november and it go across the county all the way through mid december seems like...in thomasville airport area is right around the 10-15th of november kickoff...but had some property in the north ochlocknee area we used to hunt that itd start thanksgiving and the week after would be awesome...river creek seems to run around the 10th of december...while whigham is round the 15th- christmas.

southGAlefty

Every decent buck I've killed over the last 5 or 6 years has come between December 17-January 7 off our place close to town. Hopefully I can figure it out this year in Pine Park and get to follow the rut for about a month. We'll see I guess.

oldways

I don't know fellers we have cooler weather moving in earlier this year and a bumper acorn crop I bet the rut going to be early by a couple weeks. Its gearing up to be a great deer season. :cheers:

mrnow

Timing

We killed a nice seven last year in late December. We're out off 112 almost to the county line. Fits into the time frame you all are talking about.

maxwell42583

I am in your same boat, lefty. For some reason the deer have turned off over here. All of my cam pics are at night and we are getting fewer pics overall. I guess they know season is here. I cant wait until rut.

Posted from Gon.com App for Android

southGAlefty

What's the word guys? Scraping hard and laying down tons of sign on our North Grady place. Not so much in Pine Park or Cairo. Sightings have been kinda slim. What are y'all seeing?

GaNole

I'm in sw Thomas. Hunted all weekend and didn't see much. Saw no does. Saw the same small 9 fri and sat evening. Sat he was working scrapes, which was pretty cool. Have lots of pics, almost all at night. Necks starting to swell. Should be getting good in next week or two. To bad I have to work and am going out of town for a week.

ACracing98

Shot a doe at 10:30am yesterday.....other than that not seeing much. I still think there are lots of acorns on the ground not having to move very far to feed.

maxwell42583

Not seeing a lot of deer. Even the game cameras arent taking many pics. I think the acorns are screwing us. We do have a good bit of scrapes showing up.

Last edited:

Tailfeather

Sightings have been slim for me.....But scrapes are starting to pop up in S Grady. Put a few cameras on some good scrapes Saturday. Not gonna check em for a week or so.....maybe have some nice buck pics to share. River Creek is scraped up, pretty good. Good luck, fellas.

southGAlefty

We've got 150 acres probably less than a mile from River Creek, usually that second rut hunt is where the big boys are killed over there. I'm banking on the first week or 2 of December in that part of the county. Just gotta be in the right place at the right time I guess.