Great White Florida Panhandle

LTZ25

I have seen HUGE Hammerheads just off the end of the St Andrew's state park pier. @Core Lokt we were each dragging stringers with trout on them tied to my belt loop. You know how hard that was to get off your belt loop when you are scared thinking you are on the lunch menu. Staying quiet was not an option.
I used to have a place in PCB and had a huge Hammer Head come along side my boat just onside of the pass at st Andrews , biggest id seen.

pjciii

I used to have a place in PCB and had a huge Hammer Head come along side my boat just onside of the pass at st Andrews , biggest id seen.
They are all around the pass and over on the backside of shell island. We used to take a friend's Boston whaler from lagoon over to shell Island then throw out a ski rope. Put on mask and snorkel and be towed behind the boat. Would stop if we saw a good scallop bed.

bighonkinjeep

All anyone has to do is take one of those touristy helo flights down any beach and you'll loose count of the number of sharks over 5 feet long you'll see in waist deep water swim'n around folks.
Aint even gotta do that. Just look off any balcony over about the 3rd or 4th floor of a condo. Youll find yourself shocked at certain times of the year. People and BIG sharks everywhere in huge numbers.Also works great for spotting cobia and directing your buddy where to cast.

Lilly001

Just about every summer one of the local tv stations will show a view of the hundreds of Tiger sharks that come into Tampa bay to spawn.
Big ones, and often close to unsuspecting swimmers.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
When I was a young'n, down on the keys, the old man would take us fish'n down in the mangroves. The sand and nurse sharks sure cured me of any thing after that. It's tuff out there and we're not actually the top of the food chain...

Redbow

Many years ago 2 friends and I were fishing the north rock jetty at the mouth of Winyah Bay near Georgetown SC for Sheepshead. We were in a 16 foot boat right up close to the rocks when suddenly a huge shark swam under out boat. It wasn't a Great White I still think it was a big Tiger Shark. That thing could have easily turned our boat over and dined on us had it wanted too.

Some other fishermen were fishing that same jetty one day when a huge shark got entangled in their anchor rope. The big shark pulled their boat around terrifying them with its splashing and jumping until finally it freed itself and swam off. Tiger sharks have been known to attack humans and will eat most anything out there.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
When I lived in Tampa for a while, they'd show aerial photos of the beach in the spring as the tarpon would start to run. Hundreds of sharks within a couple hundred yards of the beach.

Had a charter captain I'd fish with while down there. Asked him once while on a kingfish charter what other kind of charters he did. He said shark fishing was popular. I asked 'where do you do that?" He said "about 200 yards off the beach."

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
The sharks and I have a longstanding agreement in place. I don't go in the water and they don't come on the land
I have a similar arrangement, although not as tried and true as yours....I promise not to eat you, and you promise not to eat me.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
:bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member