Grill or griddle?

hipster dufus

Went to fire up the grill n found the burners in the bottom of the cabinet. Time for a new one. Do i go with a new grill or a griddle? Blackstone or weber? Maybe a grill and a griddle grate? Opinions welcome. Just 2 of us , so nothing huge.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Get you a Blackstone griddle and a weber kettle or Char-griller barrel grill that runs off charcoal.

hopper

For me it's a grill 1st. I like charcoal but we are pretty busy at times. During the week I don't have alot of time to get the protein out so gas works for me and charcoal on the weekends. Blackstone comming real soon.

SarahFair

Blackstone, no question

LTZ25

Get the 36 inch Blackstone and a nice pellet grill and a sweet Air Fryer and your done .

tr21

blackstone for the win !!!!!!!! you wont regret it :tip:

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Do you have a covered area for a Blackstone? I dont use mine nearly as much as I would like because my back porch is not covered. I have a cover on it and it is kind of a pain to uncover and then clean and cover same day. If it is not going to rain, it's fine but I have been caught a few times with un-forecasted overnight popups.

I am pretty particular about taking care of my stuff. Same goes for the Akorn but it doesn't require a cleaning before covering it back up.

specialk

Do you have a covered area for a Blackstone? I dont use mine nearly as much as I would like because my back porch is not covered. I have a cover on it and it is kind of a pain to uncover and then clean and cover same day. If it is not going to rain, it's fine but I have been caught a few times with un-forecasted overnight popups.

I am pretty particular about taking care of my stuff. Same goes for the Akorn but it doesn't require a cleaning before covering it back up.

looks like this one just picks up off the griddle..don't look to hard....

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
The good thing about Weber grills, whether charcoal or gas, is that 10 year guarantee. I have a weber gas and a kettle grill, have absolutely no complaints with either one. I also have a Blackstone 22" griddle. It's mostly me and the wife and the small weber gas grill is plenty big, so is the 22" Blackstone. I'd get both if I was you. Later on add a weber kettle grill and do your smoking or grilling on that.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
You can't go wrong with a WEBER!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm thinking a small blackstone would go well with my Akorn.
giphy.gif

Triple C

Blackstone griddle, Weber Kettle for hot cooks and if you're not prone to babysitting a fire for a long slow cook then a pellet grill for all else.

I got one of those fancy-pancy high dollar built in gas grills in my outdoor kitchen that I was talked into buying when we built our home. That thing collects a lot of pollen on top of the lid.

If I had a do-over there would be a flat-top griddle where that gas grill lives today and still may do that yet.

Triple C

I have that exact cover for my Blackstone. Lives on the covered back porch. Love that thing. Couple of hooks inside the lid allows you to hang it off back of grill that serves as a black splash that catches any splatter.

tr21

I have that exact cover for my Blackstone. Lives on the covered back porch. Love that thing. Couple of hooks inside the lid allows you to hang it off back of grill that serves as a black splash that catches any splatter.
also works good as a wind shield on those windy days !

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
For me it's a grill 1st. I like charcoal but we are pretty busy at times. During the week I don't have alot of time to get the protein out so gas works for me and charcoal on the weekends. Blackstone comming real soon.
It doesn't take me much longer to get a charcoal grill going than a gasser, to be perfectly honest. I leave home at 5:00 AM and get home at nearly dark five days a week. That's probably about as busy as anybody else. Lighting some charcoal on a weeknight isn't a problem for me at all. And, you don't get ten-foot flames shooting up out of it when you cook more than two burgers at once.

Latest posts