Grill or griddle?

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I got a little Lodge Sportsman Grill that only takes a few coals and cooks some great burgers, steaks, chops and whatever else you wanna throw on there.

hopper

It doesn't take me much longer to get a charcoal grill going than a gasser, to be perfectly honest. I leave home at 5:00 AM and get home at nearly dark five days a week. That's probably about as busy as anybody else. Lighting some charcoal on a weeknight isn't a problem for me at all. And, you don't get ten-foot flames shooting up out of it when you cook more than two burgers at once.
I love my charcoal. My schedule is kinda wack. Picking my daughter up at various times from shool, work and training. Sometimes we got about an hr or less to cook and eat. It's just easier to push the button and throw a steak on in 5 min. Plus I'm not as skilled as the Hillbilly :cool: :cheers:

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I love my charcoal. My schedule is kinda wack. Picking my daughter up at various times from shool, work and training. Sometimes we got about an hr or less to cook and eat. It's just easier to push the button and throw a steak on in 5 min. Plus I'm not as skilled as the Hillbilly :cool: :cheers:
Practice weed hopper, practice... :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking a small blackstone would go well with my Akorn.
Don't get a small Blackstone. Get the 36". I use every inch of mine cooking for two of us. And you're good to go cooking for more folks. You'll never regret more cooking surface, but you will definitely regret less cooking surface.

My front porch lineup right now is a 36" Blackstone, an Akorn, and a Char-griller barrel grill.

Resica

Don't get a small Blackstone. Get the 36". I use every inch of mine cooking for two of us. And you're good to go cooking for more folks. You'll never regret more cooking surface, but you will definitely regret less cooking surface.

My front porch lineup right now is a 36" Blackstone, and Akorn, and a Char-griller barrel grill.
Post a pic Steve.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Core Lokt

I was a charcoal man my whole life until not quite a year ago. Wife demanded we get a new grill (we needed it) and after talking to several friends I went with the 850CI Pit Boss pellet grill. Man, I should have done that looong ago. Easy for cooking just a couple of burgers to making bacon. I love the set it and forget it part of it and the cell app that I can control/monitor several things from.

I wouldn't be opposed to a to a griddle also.

B. White

I'm the oddball. I bought a camp chef (I think it was explorer) for camping. Legs come off easy for transportation. My wife uses it for canning more than I cook it. The burners get it going fast. I added their griddle that is a 30-40 lb piece of steel and I believe was 14"X32". It is a pretty good combination and cooks anything good griddle style. I did look at small models, but I would not be happy with a smaller surface now that I have used it.

I use charcoal in the akorn more than anything else. Burgers and steak are great on the griddle as well, but the akorn is pretty quick and easy.

My opinion of cooking devices/surfaces is the same as with guns. All are tools and some do some things better or more efficiently than others. You should have more than one that will do any job satisfactorily.

Triple C

^^^
This for the win!

hipster dufus

Went with the small weber gas, ordered a griddle to replace one of the grates, bam! Best of both.only 2 of us, dont entertain.

Attachments

• 6D119CB4-4322-4905-B4DC-1DB789AE584D.jpeg
    6D119CB4-4322-4905-B4DC-1DB789AE584D.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 9