Hallowed Ground

whitetailfreak

Hallowed ground is right and it looks like y'all made the most of some tough conditions. Looking at your photo of the footlog, the creek is down a foot since early June.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hallowed ground is right and it looks like y'all made the most of some tough conditions. Looking at your photo of the footlog, the creek is down a foot since early June.
It was pretty low, I think.

Hoss

Thanks so much for taking us along on this trip. Back in my younger days, I would have loved trekking along with you. Now it’s great to go along in your story and photos. You did a great job capturing the beauty of area.

I’ve backpacked the northern woods of the Great Lakes area, and the Rockies. Never did the Appalachians. I can see I really missed something.

jrickman

If this is where I think it is, it is a pretty nice hike in if you're not on a timeline and/or carrying a load. Never been in the summer though.

ol bob

Thanks for letting me tag along, only way I can do it anymore.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I don't know how many log foot bridges there are in the Smokies but I do believe I've been across that one back in the 70's or early 80's.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Wow what a trip and story ! Makes it that much better sharing it with a good friend !

jrickman

I don't know how many log foot bridges there are in the Smokies but I do believe I've been across that one back in the 70's or early 80's.

I’ve been across 2 or 3 that look similar, but this stone pilings combined with a couple hints dropped by northgeorgiasportsman make it obvious.

Tugboat1

Very nice. Kephart would be proud.