Hallowed Ground

JDBrown

Thanks for sharing ya'lls adventure, I'm nearing that double nickel mark myself and would like to get back to the AT myself, I would really like to share a trip or two with my son, by his age, I had already been on the trail a few times.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how many log foot bridges there are in the Smokies but I do believe I've been across that one back in the 70's or early 80's.
Hundreds at the least. Not many this big and massive, though. The longest one I've seen is crossing Cataloochee Creek at the Caldwell Fork trailhead.

Dub

Much respect for the both of you.

I know that took some serious effort and the rewards were even tastier and the air even cleaner.

Great job, gentlemen.

I about spit out coffee reading about the geezer in his underwear walking into your campsite.....Did you tell 'em your both weren't the banjo music types ??? :rofl:

I hear ya on the parking space choice being a final self-imposed hurdle at the end. :)

I told myself the same thing at work the other day......"Dude....why did you park so far away"....turning a mile walk out into much further....after the end of a grueling 14hr beatdown.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Much respect for the both of you.

I know that took some serious effort and the rewards were even tastier and the air even cleaner.

Great job, gentlemen.

I about spit out coffee reading about the geezer in his underwear walking into your campsite.....Did you tell 'em your both weren't the banjo music types ??? :rofl:

I hear ya on the parking space choice being a final self-imposed hurdle at the end. :)

I told myself the same thing at work the other day......"Dude....why did you park so far away"....turning a mile walk out into much further....after the end of a grueling 14hr beatdown.
The geezer in his drawers was at another campsite about a mile up the creek from ours, out in the creek taking a bath.

Reactions: Dub

Resica

Great trip and photo essay guys!!! Glad you had a good time. Thanks for sharing!! I need to get out up here in my Northern Appalachians!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome trip no doubt!! Glad y’all are in bear shape now!!! Lol!!!
I came home from ten hours of work today and did 300 pushups and jogged 17 miles with a weight vest and ankle weights. :)

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Just by looking at the photos, I can sense the woods no other smell like it, feel the chill of wet wading, and anticipate the next strike. Gil

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Good stuff! Last time I went we went in from the top. I contenplated emptying about half of my pack's contents on the trip up and out:p
Yeah.. never walk down going in, that 300 dollar 2lb. tent weighs 200 pounds going back up and doesn't look "too" bad at all laying on the side of the trail. ;)

Latest posts