Has anyone successfully pulled a TN elk tag

ringorock

I think the lottery puts out 7 adult tags and 1 youth tag, could be 6/1. Has anyone tried for one if these and have gotten one? What's the hunt like?

Jason F

I wonder if TN puts out numbers on how many people put in for those 6 or 7 tags. I know in Kentucky they had something like 35k people enter 80k times (entering once per hunt or weapon type) for a total of something like 600 tags. Pennsylvania also has an eastern US elk hunting season, but if I recall it's also a small number of available tags, so I'll bet the odds are similar.

I'd love to pull a TN elk tag sometime since it's so close to home! Do let us know what you find out.

lampern

Pennsylvania or Kentucky seems like the better choice.

Looks like all the TN tags went to TN residents. No non residents

ringorock

Pennsylvania or Kentucky seems like the better choice.

Looks like all the TN tags went to TN residents. No non residents

Yep and even Virginia. I'll pay try for the TN and KY lottery next year. I think it's only $10 per entry.

Recurve

In Tennessee they have 7 archery and 7 gun tags I believe, one of the tags is put on a raffle and you can buy as many tickets as you want I guess,plus you win a rifle and your hunt is filmed for an outdoor program if you choose to allow it. A guy from Indiana won the grand prize.