Hearing Protection

captainhook

What kind of hearing protection are you guys wearing while you hunt with your handguns? I have been using some cheap Caldwell electronic muffs but it's a pain in the tail pulling them down every time a deer walks out. My left ear rings pretty bad already and I don't want to lose anymore of my hearing than I already have. I had some Proears a few years back and they where a little better than the Caldwells but they gave up the ghost after a year or two.

Handgunner

http://www.safetycompany.com/hearin....html?osCsid=8a05e73cc779161f8049caa5e1515041

I use some banded plugs like shown in this picture. You can usually find them about anywhere including home improvement stores.
I either hang them around my neck or around my hat.
When I see or hear a deer I put the plugs in my ears, with the band either over my head or with the band hanging under my chin. It sure saves the ears.
+1

I use the same thing. Either the banded ones, or the ones on a string.

If using the ones on a string, I tuck the string under my hat and let the plug hang down near my ears, that way it's easy to find them and plug them in...

They sure help!!!

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
What kind of hearing protection are you guys wearing while you hunt with your handguns? I have been using some cheap Caldwell electronic muffs but it's a pain in the tail pulling them down every time a deer walks out. My left ear rings pretty bad already and I don't want to lose anymore of my hearing than I already have. I had some Proears a few years back and they where a little better than the Caldwells but they gave up the ghost after a year or two.

2 walkers game ears with custom fitted ear molds

Nitro

Banned
I use custom molded plugs and Peltor Electronics.

I am supposed to be getting a pair of new ProEars to T&E..

BookHound

Custom molded plugs since the ignorant law preventing use of suppressors keeps me from using the best tool available.

rayjay

I use a set of Peltor Tactical 6. I find they help me hear better in many situations. I have had tinnitis since a mid 80's incident with an instantaneous firecracker fuse :( [ they are ringing right now ].