How do y’all handle this

Toliver

This^^^
Im not sure why everyone always calls the non emergency line. At my old agency we were set up to take ALL calls through 911.
At a smaller agency a call to a non emergency number can easily not get to someone who will take the correct action.
This is why I asked his location status. Obviously Dialing 911 from another jurisdiction is just a waste of time. I don't see where it's mentioned if the GPS location for the thieves is in the same county as where the theft occurred. That'll slow things down a bit, too, if that's the case.

Kev

I’d call the police, then I’d call the game warden. If they didn’t help me, then I’d show up at the house and get my camera back.

basshappy

BANNED
Consider taking the receipt of you have it, a few pics of the stolen camera if you have any (I take pics inside my home, setup on tree close up and from distance), and of course the pics of thieves and associated location data, and I would visit in person local law enforcement. I don't waste time on phone calls because they often are fruitless. In person, more bèes with honey attitude, and speak to highest ranking officer and show him/her your evidence. You may consider printing out associated GA theft and trespassing codes, although maybe hold those back and not show them unless the honey approach somehow fails.

gadeerwoman

DNR officer would be my call. Local sheriff's office usually doesn't want to do a thing in cases like this. Always have had better luck with my DNR officer. He's never hesitated to handle it.

If you want the camera back you’re going to probably have to get it yourself. I’ve never heard of a judge signing a warrant to search for a trail camera because the gps that’s built into them ain’t that accurate. You might be able to get a dnr officer or even sheriffs dept (depending on what county) to go to the residence and talk to them but that’ll be about it. I’ve been through this same thing myself with one of my spartan cameras.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Security boxes

I had a camera stolen off my property about 5 years ago. That was all it took for me. The boxes are only $25 or so
They work, but my uncle had one stolen with a lock and cable, slowed them down.

We use them mostly for bears

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Caught some trespassers on my cell cam today. Of course they stole it too but to stupid to turn it off before they took it home. Got pictures inside the house/of them and a GPS tag to the address. Bibb county PD not much help, kinda blew me off. How do y’all handle?

I see you live some distance from Bibb County.
Does Google Earth show you what type of area the camera is in right now? Residential, rural, etc ?

WOODIE13

I would probably go the DNR route, probably have a history with the riff raff and no county lines to worry about

WOODIE13

Before you go Rambo to their house as has been suggested, ask your self is the camera worth you going to jail or being killed or killing someone else. Get the police involved or forget about it.
Agree

basshappy

BANNED
Don't call, go visit the local LE / DNR. Face to face not phone. If after you go both routes either no dates factory resolution, consider posting pics/vids online in all the pertinent FB groups and web forums.

Another thing you can do is report it stolen to the camera company they can mark it where it can’t be used..

Before you go Rambo to their house as has been suggested, ask your self is the camera worth you going to jail or being killed or killing someone else. Get the police involved or forget about it.
While I see your point and it’s valid.. so do we as Americans just roll over and let me people roll all over us and give up ? This country wasn’t built on cowards and sissy’s.. I don’t care if it was 50$ I work hard earned it and ain’t gonna let no one take from me run me over etc… you stand for something or you fall for anything. It’s the principle of the matter… that’s what wrong with this country people don’t wanna stand up and fight so to speak. Wanna run from the problems or take the so called high road.
I know what I would do they would know not to mess with me my property again.. with the police or not …. To each his own

WOODIE13

While I see your point and it’s valid.. so do we as Americans just roll over and let me people roll all over us and give up ? This country wasn’t built on cowards and sissy’s.. I don’t care if it was 50$ I work hard earned it and ain’t gonna let no one take from me run me over etc… you stand for something or you fall for anything. It’s the principle of the matter… that’s what wrong with this country people don’t wanna stand up and fight so to speak. Wanna run from the problems or take the so called high road.
I know what I would do they would know not to mess with me my property again.. with the police or not …. To each his own
$75 camera aint worth your life, a piece of crap life or going to jail over. There is absolutely no defense for it, plus premeditation.

Road rage comes to mind here, how does that work out?

Contact your local DNR and show them the pics. DNR passes county lines unlike the sheriff, let them start the investigation.

Now if caught redhanded on my property, might end differently, depends

Latest posts