If baiting becomes legal for deer, shouldn't be legal for turkeys and doves also...

If baiting becomes legal for deer, should it be legal for all other game also?

• Yes

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 47.3%

• Total voters

BigMassiveDaddy

and all other game.

Why not? Wouldn't it help people kill more game no matter what species? If it helps me kill a deer, maybe it'll help me kill a turkey or more doves or squirrels or whatever.

GeauxLSU

We always hold deer to a different level. It results in some illogical behaviors and justifications. I have no clue why. ::huh:
To answer your question, there is no reason why not.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

BigMassiveDaddy

We don't need to discriminate against species of animals

That's just unfair to the game animals we are supposed to respect.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Yes if it becomes legal, then we need to lay down the gauntlet and have a free for all baiting frenzy.

We should then also be able to spotlight.

I mean you know why not it is already being done so may as well make it legal right?....right?

Jim

reylamb

Actually, in SC, where baiting for hogs and deer is OK, baiting for turkeys and doves is a no go.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Won't a dove choke on a kernal of corn???......................

Wait a minute, that's what cracked corn's for!!!

Tommy

Randy

Yes let's bait them all. if you loose respect for the sport you loose respect for the sport!

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Yep Randy, why not??

All of nature's creatures deserve a little corn for dinner followed by a little lead for desert.

Tommy

Last edited:

gabowman

Let's see........you can pen raise some rabbits, quail, turkeys, etc. All is needed is to be able to pen raise deer and you can forget about hunting all together. (Might as well.....soon there wont be enough game left to hunt anyways. :( ) Then get your gear on, walk out the back door and kick your no-good-for-nothing beagle or bird dog, toss a few apples and a little corn, make a few grunt or turkey calls then go to blasting. Sounds easy huh! :confused:

GB

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
Jim Thompson said:
Yes if it becomes legal, then we need to lay down the gauntlet and have a free for all baiting frenzy.

We should then also be able to spotlight.

I mean you know why not it is already being done so may as well make it legal right?....right?

Jim

Well said Jim...

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Yes it should be.

You can bait a hog in to a trap with corn and shoot it in said trap, but if you just shoot it in a big pile of corn, you're a sorry poacher and need to be locked up. This is about stupid.

You can use corn to trap a raccoon and kill it, but if you use corn to concentrate raccoons in an area and use dogs to tree them and kill them, you're a criminal.

You can get a permit to have a shooting preserve and put out "supplemental feed" :rolleyes: and shoot your released quail (and surely some native quail also) and that's legal--mainly for rich folks. Heck, they even got a car tag to supplement their operations! Why not have a deer corn car tag to help folks buy corn feeders! :D makes about as much sense! oh, yeah, I forgot, we ain't the rich buddies of politicians! "Supplemental feed" some quail on your property that ain't a "shooting preserve" and watch what happens. Even if it borders a "shooting preserve" that has tons of corn out and you shoot quail that go back and forth!

You can "supplemental feed" :rolleyes: you bucks all year to grow the antlers 1% bigger so you can bow down to them around the campfire, but you can't hunt closer than 200 yards or you're a sorry no good baiter.

A dead animal is a dead animal. The violation is only in our minds. the animal is still dead.

T

Larry Rooks

Because the State ain't trying to reduce the Tuekey and Dove #'s like they are deer. You run over a dove with your auto and the insurance company is not out any money :p

GeauxLSU

Larry Rooks said:
Because the State ain't trying to reduce the Tuekey and Dove #'s like they are deer. You run over a dove with your auto and the insurance company is not out any money :p
I hit a turkey with my motorcycle and my insurance company was out quite a bit of money. And I was out one pair of drawers. :speechles
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Al33

Bmd,

Your point is slap dab full of validity. :clap:

Afterall, once legalized, it automatically becomes ethical and none of us would dare assume we had a right to tell another hunter what is and is not ethical. ::huh:

Wow, think of all the kids that would get involved in hunting. Our sport will be saved forever, or until there is nothing left to shoot. Note I did not say "hunt".

Al :rolleyes:

Latest posts