If you had a chance

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Unfortunately, I’ve never had to worry about it here in Georgia. In Kentucky, I only get 1 buck tag. I shot one last year on my first sit and if the ”right” one comes out this year, I’ll shoot him the first time I see him. I’m hunting bow into gun season this time and might be there 10 days. If I kill a buck, I’ll be on cloud 9 the rest of my time there……I’m shooting!

bassculler

No, probably not. Unless they were absolute monsters. The issue on our warrenton tract is cameras only seem reliable in early season. Once the breeding starts, the majority of our shooter bucks are gone. Its seems we kill bucks every year during rut that we have never seen before. We are probably killing our neighbors camera bucks and they kill ours. So, you never really know whats gonna show up. And, i love that. The anticipation makes me feel like a kid again.

westcobbdog

Was just thinking how we all look forward to deer season every year and it seems like it takes forever ever year. If you had the chance to take 2 good bucks the first 2 sits of the year would you shoot them and be done for the year? I know you can shoot does but man it would be hard to be done so early and have to wait till next season. I’m sure I’d shoot one and would at least try to wait for the rut so I could enjoy it a little more. Just a question
Watched a nice 8 pt buck with chocolate horns at about 40 yds opening morning last season. Had some remorse over not pulling the trigger but it just didn't seem right, I could not easily identify his rack and it was opening day, hunting in a thick creek bottom. I was otg no blind just vs a tree. He came sprinting in to Tinks69. The longer I looked and a little more light developed I realized....Shooter! Then he vanished. Scoped him in the stare down maybe 1 full minute. Never saw that one again.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Yes
I love a good reason to be in the stand on frosty November mornins.
But I'd sit with someone else and hunt with them just as well.
Unless no body wanted to go.... then that's not be good. But there's always someone goin that I could go with

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
My son is now 14.
For the past few years in a row he has gotten a good buck.
He wakes up every huntin mornin and hunts hard until he gets a buck. Then he is done! He turns full teen and sleeps in the rest of the season

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely. Especially here, where our deer season is three weeks.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If I can find the photo I`ll post it of 6 or 7 bucks with at least 3 shooters on opening day around 2016. I passed on all of them. Ended up later in the season killing a monster of a 7 point.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If I can find the photo I`ll post it of 6 or 7 bucks with at least 3 shooters on opening day around 2016. I passed on all of them. Ended up later in the season killing a monster of a 7 point.
That's a sweet area. You probably see more good bucks in a day than I do in a decade.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I would.

And still have a buck tag to burn at a later date.

Waddams

Not that I expect to get that lucky, but heck yeah, I'd tag out that quick if two shooters came by like that, that early. I might make a few more trips to try to find a doe to shoot or go on a WMA bonus hunt, but I wouldn't pass up tagging out early.

I love hunting, I'd also enjoy the home time with wifey watching football more and hitting hiking trails in the fall with her. She's a big football fan and we both love hiking. Basically, I'd not be lacking for other cool stuff to do!

DynamicDennis

I have done it 1 time, not big racked bucks but both close to 200# which is pretty good for our area. Probably would not do it again unless it was a special buck. Was pretty sad going up afterwards