Illinois Firearm Season 2023

TurkeyKiller12

How many of you will be trying out Illinois new firearm law next season for whitetail deer? For those with bolt guns (of the allowed caliber) I have read you'll need to leave the magazine at home and have to put one bullet at a time into the chamber. I currently have a bolt action .350 Legend but am considering a standard single shot to keep from fumbling with loading ammunition without a magazine.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Not me , Illinois ain’t what is used to be
I hear that occasionally. Yet Illinois is a big state. There are parts of Illinois that are the same as they've always been. Great places to kill big bucks. Sorry but that's a fact.

buckpasser

My kids and I will be using my .300BLK and likely acquiring one more before season so that they can both use one. Just simple AR conversions. If I were buying an entire gun I suppose I’d buy a single shot break barrel .350L.

TurkeyKiller12

My kids and I will be using my .300BLK and likely acquiring one more before season so that they can both use one. Just simple AR conversions. If I were buying an entire gun I suppose I’d buy a single shot break barrel .350L.
What you will be doing regarding the magazine requirements?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Didn't realize we were going back that far. Lol. I'm kinda old but I was in high school back then

Jim Boyd

Gotta love the haters.

Illinois may be a blue state (read that Chicago).

The people in rural areas are golden.

Yep every big buck is gone from that state. I would just stop in KY if I wanted to hunt out of state.

I don’t know if I will ever use it but Santa MAY have put a Savage 350 L under the tree this year.

Strangely, my bench already has dies, brass and powder. Darndest thing.

buckpasser

Gotta love the haters.

Illinois may be a blue state (read that Chicago).

The people in rural areas are golden.

Yep every big buck is gone from that state. I would just stop in KY if I wanted to hunt out of state.

I don’t know if I will ever use it but Santa MAY have put a Savage 350 L under the tree this year.

Strangely, my bench already has dies, brass and powder. Darndest thing.

Well, I like IL okay, but my part of GA is as good or maybe better than my part of IL, plus it’s 11 hours closer and I don’t have to miss work to hunt the brief gun season. It’s all relative to the location I’m sure. I am somewhat looking forward to the law change so my kids don’t have to get rocked by a slug gun, and our range will be extended a bit.

Jim Boyd

Well, I like IL okay, but my part of GA is as good or maybe better than my part of IL, plus it’s 11 hours closer and I don’t have to miss work to hunt the brief gun season. It’s all relative to the location I’m sure. I am somewhat looking forward to the law change so my kids don’t have to get rocked by a slug gun, and our range will be extended a bit.

If my part of SC was even CLOSE to my part of Illinois, I would not go.

My part of Georgia was not even close either.

I do not go for shotgun but the point is exactly the same.

I am far from deadly and I am an old man but 120-150+ have been easy with the bow.

But… that was the old days - all the bucks are gone these days.

Promise!

Latest posts