Illinois Firearm Season 2023

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Nothing at all to do with the changing laws on allowable calibers, but the southern IL game wardens are definitely out and about.

I have seen them checking people in Gallatin, White, Saline and now in Johnson. 2nd gun season this year one walked across a field and checked John IN THE STAND on private land at 10am.

Jim Boyd

Nothing at all to do with the changing laws on allowable calibers, but the southern IL game wardens are definitely out and about.

I have seen them checking people in Gallatin, White, Saline and now in Johnson. 2nd gun season this year one walked across a field and checked John IN THE STAND on private land at 10am.

That is just wrong.

Short of some complaint or unusual circumstances, I just cannot see that this is helpful… to anyone.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
That is just wrong.

Short of some complaint or unusual circumstances, I just cannot see that this is helpful… to anyone.

Agreed. I've seen and heard it happen on public land and although I dont agree with that either I can possibly, maybe understand it more. Should have just parked by his machine and waited on him to come out. Basically it is just an abuse of power in my opinion.

Jim Boyd

Whatever that is plus the overall quality of Wimmens can’t touch Southern girls. The IL outfitter I used says he literally married the best ( only ) looking girl in town.

People are the same, no matter where you go.

Romanticism at its finest.

basshappy

BANNED

Wait I thought someone said I was wrong the lawman won't be checking hunters due to understaff etc. You saying the law is checking hunters in Illinois?

Good for the law and good for honest hunters. Too many poachers.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Wait I thought someone said I was wrong the lawman won't be checking hunters due to understaff etc. You saying the law is checking hunters in Illinois?

Good for the law and good for honest hunters. Too many poachers.

He was giving his personal experience in the area he's spent the last 12 Novembers in which is a different part of the state from me.

That being said, I agree on too many poachers although with some of IL's goofy laws I would venture a bunch of tickets written are because of technicalities and not someone purposely breaking the law. Doesnt help the wallet much either way :bounce: