Irwin County

SADDADDY

We been seeing alot more sign and tracks over the past few weeks. it should be a pretty good weekend to be in the woods for sure.

SADDADDY

Hunted N. Florida last weekend

Great hunt, in N. Florida, saw more deer in one morning than I had seen all year in Georgia, the weather turned a lot windy and cold, so the deer were not moving so well Saturday evening and Sunday morning, but a great hunt :clap:

SADDADDY

well got the notice that the land owner sold the timber

and the timber company will be cutting later on in the year :whip:

:) but this will be a good thing :huh: it should improve our lease with some cut overs, and open up alot of areas that were way to thick to hunt, and should help us see alot more than before.

so we are alittle bummed about them cutting those tall pines, but also pretty excited at what will the next 3-4 years will bring.

I know you say "they got to be crazy" but this will be a great improvement for our property,the hunting has been quite tough due to the majority of the property was un-huntable and it will only get better over the next few years, we will be able to plant more food plots and hunt more down in the creek bottoms

:clap:

JByrd15

GONetwork Member
Hope that it helps ya'll out!!! Some of our land is thick like that and hard to hunt, but I dont think we would like them coming in there cutting our timber!!!!

SADDADDY

Yeah, the stands are taken care of, it should be interesting how much they do cut, and how much more land we will have to be able to get to and hunt.

that was are biggest problem, was most of the property was to thick to hunt, and the deer were hanging up in that stuff never showing up until well after dark. this should really change the way the deer move and will be alot easier to pattern the deer movements,

the creek bottoms will really be the hot spot, for the first few years, and the chop over time will be the place to be at first light.

looking forward to getting alot of that cleaned out... :fine:

SADDADDY

Chop,saw,chop

:hammers:
Chopping and cutting they go! I got a report that they are making my lease into another dirt parking lot :banginghe

oh well at least they decided to do it before the season :clap:

now we can plan some killer food plots and get some stands up prior to the season opener

scshep2002

Banned
Parking lot lol

I cant wait to see the apt complex they are going to put in next year!! At least then we wont need ladderstands as we will haev balconies :) :yeah:

Swamprat

Swamprat
i want the stand overlooking the pool

Rabbit Runner

SADDADDY, if your hunting lease is out on the crystal lake road, you may need to bring a tree from home to be able to use your deer stand.

SADDADDY

naw it's about a mile or two

to the west of our lease, thankfully we still have plenty of Creek Bottoms for the critters to hide in, at least it will be easier to see them run by :shoot: :shoot:

Rabbit Runner

ok yall must be over off of hwy 107. if so i think i went by your camp the last time we had a big rain. i was out checking for washed out dirt roads. went down a dirt road
and saw some campers setup close to the road.

scshep2002

Banned
Couple of campers??

Someone left us some campers :banana: If he could see em ffrom the road then they havent cut down all the trees lol OH well me if they take all the trees we gonna be busy at Bass Pro carrying tripods all over the place lol :cheers:

SADDADDY

yeah they are starting to cut, they have cut a good part of the property and now are select cutting the rest, which will thin out the place in alot of those real thick areas

my biggest problem will be keeping all the locals out of there seeing how they will be able to see the fields from the road :shoot:

we have had some problem with locals hunting during the week but I think we ran most of them off now I have someone watching the property ;)

Latest posts