Irwin County

Rabbit Runner

it's hot and dry here in Irwin County, most of the corn has been combined, a lot of people are now digging peanuts,
and a few are picking peanuts. my son went back to
Hat creek thursday to check his stand, he said that the creek is just about dry.

scshep2002

Banned
Too hot for me. Made it up lst night, sweat in the camper, sweat all the way to and on stand all morning, then sweat all the way back to camp, went to floyds for some Yum yum BBQ then paked it up and came back to Hot FL lol cant beat the heat I guess. Ole floyd started bottlin his sauce grabbed one to take back to FL :) Think I will wait until a cold front comes down a bit lol maybe an 80 degree cold front lol **** :)

SADDADDY

Chop, Chop, Chop

they pretty much chopped down the entire lease, and still got about 100ac to cut, We will wave to ya as you drive past the lease :cry:

ah looks like I won't be up till gun season, shoot them deer out to 350yrds again this year, oh well what can ya do?

So much for letting them walk this year, looks like we will be letting them run :eek:

Rabbit Runner

A little rain in some parts of Irwin co, but still to hot to sit very long in a deer stand. Hope it cools down before gun season opens.

Rabbit Runner

Just came in from checking a few stands, not much water in the creek. lots of deer tracks up and down the creek bank. seen a lot of tracks in the old peanut fields. have not found any rubs or scrapes yet, had a man tell me that he saw a big buck in the field next to my house the other afternoon about 3:00pm, I asked him how big was the deer all he could say was "BIG".

scshep2002

Banned
WOW Big in the field next to your house? Cant ask for more than that :) I think our land is now a parking lot lol Cleared the trees out like they were made of gold!! Sad sad saad sad and all before the gun season. :(

Rabbit Runner

Sorry to hear about your land, we had some trees cut on our place, but we did not cut everything. sounds like yall may have to bring your own tree from home to be able use your treestand.

wet feet

shot a butten buck right in front of rabbit runners house last night. I was standing in his yard when i shot.

Rabbit Runner

Missing Teacher

Guys, if you hunt in Irwin County you may find 4 wheeler tracks and foot prints on your land. we have a teacher that has been missing for about 2 weeks. We have a county wide search for her going on at this time, on the ground and by air units. if you see or find anything on your lease please call 911. thanks.

SADDADDY

no problem we will keep an eye out

won't be hard to look around our lease, nothing but dirt and a few bushes left :cry:

scshep2002

Banned
Congrats on that buck!!! :) I think I may need to take a day trip up and see if I can catch one running through our one and only creek bottom lol timber company didnt leave much but I bet there is one or two big boys still running does out in the chop!!! Post a pic of the buck!!!