Jekyll Island - things to do

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
We on the way to St Simon’s ourselves.

dang

DANG !!!
We ended up riding horses (wife’s choice) on the beach around midday. Was ok…my first time on one. My behind hurts now though. Before we started, they lined everyone up and said “the gentlemen in the black shirt will ride “Bess” ….then they pointed at Bess and she was about twice the size of every other horse facepalm:
Ol Bess is gonna need a long nap tonight!
IMG_8862.jpeg

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Nice scenery for sure down that way. We use to live in Brunswick and I kinda miss the islands.

dang

DANG !!!
Dinner last night was Driftwood Bistro. @Dustin Pate and @ngamtns - great recommendation! Service was surprisingly the quickest of the weekend, especially considering this was probably the busiest place we tried to eat at.

I got the shrimp & grits. It was my favorite dish of the weekend. My wife got crab stuffed flounder. 10 out of 10! Very reasonably priced too.
IMG_8884.jpeg

dang

DANG !!!
In between all of the running around and eating, we took @Codysseus711 up on the Horton Pond suggestion. We popped in 3 separate times to try and spot a gator and probably spent around two hours in total just watching. My wife got oddly obsessed with it, which was refreshing. Around sunset on our last stop over there, we had a 5.5 footer swim right over to us and sit there for around 45 minutes completely still. We were watching about 20 brim pick stuff off of his back while he sat. Great way to wrap up a perfect day. IMG_8885.jpeg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Sunrise Grill for the win. :wink: :rockon:

Fishin & Hunting

Went last year. Best part for me was the trolly tour of the haunted places.