Jesus' deity was divinely limited

Artfuldodger

Jesus' deity was divinely limited so that His human life might be lived in the same manner as ours. Jesus had to develop a relationship with God. The best way to do this is through prayer. Jesus prayed because He was part human. He wasn't doing it just for show or because God told him to. He often prayed alone. He really needed God's help just as we do. This part I truly believe. If Jesus didn't have a need for prayer then neither do I.
I believe Jesus was praying to his Father in Heaven.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I believe he was also.

hobbs27

He was 100% man and 100% God while he walked on this Earth.
Now he is King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
John 10:18
No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”

Artfuldodger

No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”

Thanks for sharing that verse, it helps explain it.

1gr8bldr

Words mean things. To say that he was fully God or any percent God would disqualify the use of the word "man"

hobbs27

Words mean things. To say that he was fully God or any percent God would disqualify the use of the word "man"

Yes words do mean things, actually he IS fully God.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

So far, this is the only Bible reference listed.
Anyone got any others?

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
In the garden, prior to His arrest, to whom did Jesus pray?
And who was Jesus while he was praying? God, Son of God, or man.

hobbs27

So far, this is the only Bible reference listed.
Anyone got any others?

Jesus is God as referenced in Genesis 1:26 And God said, let us make man in our image, {notice plurality}

verse 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him. {possesive and singular}

John 10: 30 I and my Father are one. Could it be any easier to understand?

God is a spirit ...Jesus is God that came to Earth in the flesh as a man, and when left this Earth to be with the Father left behind The Holy Spirit which is God.

H2O is water in its liquid state, ice in solid state, and steam in gas state....Three different states and it's H2O. Water we need to survive, Ice we need for perserving foods and cooling drinks, steam we use for power.
H2O is easy to understand but God is a spirit, and we are flesh, somethings are just going to be hard to understand in the flesh, but when you call upon the Holy Spirit to enlighten your understanding of Gods word you will see the Holy Spirit acts as a lamp....lighting up Gods word to your understanding.
Jesus was praying to the Father in the garden as a man...He accepted the Fathers will as God.

gordon 2

In the garden, prior to His arrest, to whom did Jesus pray?
And who was Jesus while he was praying? God, Son of God, or man.

Perhaps Jesus was praying with and not to. Perhaps he was the prayer itself, the answer. Perhaps he was to a degree of grace that is fullfillment of the word as in Ezekial's vision and God's promise of Isreal given breath(Spirit) to her dry bones, sinew and flesh.

He was about to give Isreal God's breath, not unlike the breath given to Adam and Eve? He was about to make her flesh incorruptable. He was the verb or the word in genesis, in labour pains.

Perhaps.

Israel

BANNED
When we say "God"...what do we mean?
When we say "man"...what do we mean?

Is there an "old" man?
A "new" man?

Is the new just the old improved? (Like water run through a filter...it gets "most" of the impurities out?)
Or completely different creature?
Is pure water completely different than water with a just a very little bit of arsenic, cadmium, copper and lead remaining? (some would still call that by another name...poison)

Is "God in man" the new creature? Is it just a "mere" man, then?
Is it God then?
My wife carries my name. She upholds my name. Woe to the man/woman who approaches her to diminish my name. (some have tried..."what's wrong with your husband, why does he...? For them it has been like unknowingly touching the third rail).

(Maybe I needn't say anything about anyone approaching me with anything to say about her.)

I consider my wife greater than I. You may ask her how she sees me.

You could even ask her...are you Israel?
You could ask me...are you Pauline?
No, I am not...Pauline is greater than I am.

(He exalts his word above his name...)
(The Father is greater than I...)

Could it be the new man dwells in the place where he considers everyone better than himself?

(Along with everyone else there?)
Is it an hilariously wonderful place to be? Where each makes "place" for the other?

Is the "old" man there? Any place at all for him?

Which man is "man"? Does God call the "man" there..."just a man"?

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Perhaps Jesus was praying with and not to. Perhaps he was the prayer itself, the answer. Perhaps he was to a degree of grace that is fullfillment of the word as in Ezekial's vision and God's promise of Isreal given breath(Spirit) to her dry bones, sinew and flesh.

He was about to give Isreal God's breath, not unlike the breath given to Adam and Eve? He was about to make her flesh incorruptable. He was the verb or the word in genesis, in labour pains.

Perhaps.

Was Jesus praying to himself?

hobbs27

Was Jesus praying to himself?

Wasn't part of the reason Jesus came here in the flesh to be an example of how we should live?
Was he praying to himself (God) for himself or for us?

1gr8bldr

Did Jesus have a God?

Artfuldodger

Wasn't part of the reason Jesus came here in the flesh to be an example of how we should live?
Was he praying to himself (God) for himself or for us?

That was a secondary reason for Jesus being born. I believe he was praying to God in Heaven. I believe his praying was more than to set an example. He oftened prayed alone. He prayed for himself sometimes and he prayed for others sometimes, same as us.

1gr8bldr

Jesus is God as referenced in Genesis 1:26 And God said, let us make man in our image, {notice plurality}

verse 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him. {possesive and singular}

John 10: 30 I and my Father are one. Could it be any easier to understand?

God is a spirit ...Jesus is God that came to Earth in the flesh as a man, and when left this Earth to be with the Father left behind The Holy Spirit which is God.

H2O is water in its liquid state, ice in solid state, and steam in gas state....Three different states and it's H2O. Water we need to survive, Ice we need for perserving foods and cooling drinks, steam we use for power.
H2O is easy to understand but God is a spirit, and we are flesh, somethings are just going to be hard to understand in the flesh, but when you call upon the Holy Spirit to enlighten your understanding of Gods word you will see the Holy Spirit acts as a lamp....lighting up Gods word to your understanding.
Jesus was praying to the Father in the garden as a man...He accepted the Fathers will as God.
LOL, are we not to be "one" with each other? Did Jesus not pray that we all be one? Are we then each other? See John 17:20-23