Just a reminder

GTMODawg

BANNED
I ain't sure it has really sunk in to most UGA fans but stop and remember that UGA beat Florida, Auburn, GT, CLEMSON, Tennessee, South Carolina and Alabama when it mattered this year! With the exception of Alabama the games weren't even competitive.

As a cherry on top we also whupped Michigan in resounding fashion and that alone would, in many years, have made a season memorable....not because beating Big 10 teams is any great task but seeing their fans reaction to said beating is priceless. You'd think that with the experience they have getting whupped by SEC teams they'd come to expect it but without fail they go into the game full of confidence, talking about "there ain't that much difference in team speed" only to find themselves making excuses afterwards. What a season! GO DAWGS!!!!

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I ain't sure it has really sunk in to most UGA fans but stop and remember that UGA beat Florida, Auburn, GT, CLEMSON, Tennessee, South Carolina and Alabama when it mattered this year! With the exception of Alabama the games weren't even competitive.

As a cherry on top we also whupped Michigan in resounding fashion and that alone would, in many years, have made a season memorable....not because beating Big 10 teams is any great task but seeing their fans reaction to said beating is priceless. You'd think that with the experience they have getting whupped by SEC teams they'd come to expect it but without fail they go into the game full of confidence, talking about "there ain't that much difference in team speed" only to find themselves making excuses afterwards. What a season! GO DAWGS!!!!
The Big 10 team the SEC will face this year in the playoffs will be Ohio State!

Harbaugh is 1 playoff and done!

GTMODawg

BANNED
The Big 10 team the SEC will face this year in the playoffs will be Ohio State!

Harbaugh is 1 playoff and done!

No doubt. Very lucky for Michigan that Ohio State was built to play SEC teams (Alabama) in typical outdoor weather in the south in January for the weather gods to have reminded Ohio State that November can be nasty in Big 10 country. Had it been 45 degrees OSU won that game going away....and the outcome of the Orange Bowl may have been more interesting. I think UGA still wins it but I don't think we dominate OSU like we did Michigan....

MudDucker

Staff member
No doubt. Very lucky for Michigan that Ohio State was built to play SEC teams (Alabama) in typical outdoor weather in the south in January for the weather gods to have reminded Ohio State that November can be nasty in Big 10 country. Had it been 45 degrees OSU won that game going away....and the outcome of the Orange Bowl may have been more interesting. I think UGA still wins it but I don't think we dominate OSU like we did Michigan....

But OSU is so young.

bullgator

What does OSU updates and Biden’s State of the Union address have in common?

They both talk about hope for the future while making excuses for the past!

westcobbdog

The successful season was epic but it’s over now and I am focused on the upcoming season. The bully is up off the floor and coming back for more so be ready.

BamaGeorgialine

You think Georgia repeats?

GTMODawg

BANNED
You think Georgia repeats?

My heart says yes but logically it's next to impossible given the odds over the years of a repeat college football champion. There's no mathematical odds against, its a new team in a new season just like every roll of the dice at a craps table has no bearing on previous rolls. There is the intangible of returning players and coaches etc. that can have some bearing but the losses in both probably negate those. UGA can repeat, they have as good a shot at winning it next year as almost anyone at this point, and with some breaks they could well do so. At this point I don't see UGA losing in the regular season but they won't win as easily as they did this year. Alabama or ATM either one could well beat UGA in the SEC CG but a one loss UGA team probably makes the playoff if that only loss is in the SEC Title Game. After that its anyone's guess. Given the track record and the returning players and one coach returning in particular I would say Alabama is probably the favorite to win it next year. Ohio State is also in a VERY good position....but like UGA with Alabama I will believe Ohio State can beat a playoff team from the SEC when they do so....

Outside of Alabama, Ohio State and UGA almost anyone could make the playoffs next year. Michigan has a shot, a long one. TAM has an equally long one. Clemson will probably dominate the ACC but 8 teams in the SEC would be better and Notre Dame is always out there even with a new coach. CFB loves them some Notre Dame for some reason. Oklahoma is probably going to struggle a little, for them, and if someone from the PAC 12 makes it it would be almost as surprising as Cincinnati making it this year, at least to me.

GTMODawg

BANNED
The successful season was epic but it’s over now and I am focused on the upcoming season. The bully is up off the floor and coming back for more so be ready.

This is a fact. Spring games are just around the corner and SEC media days is visible if you squint hard enough at a calendar. Season will be here before you know it. When I was under 40 it seemed like about a century between January and August....now it seems like the blink of an eye.....

bullgator

westcobbdog

I spent some time reading MI football forums before and after our game. Like most fans, many predicting a win, a few said a mud hole stomping win, and a few said all signs pointed to a mud hole stomped on their head. Have since looked at Oregons boards. They pretty much oblivious to football in the South. I guess I get it as they are so far away.

GTMODawg

BANNED
I spent some time reading MI football forums before and after our game. Like most fans, many predicting a win, a few said a mud hole stomping win, and a few said all signs pointed to a mud hole stomped on their head. Have since looked at Oregons boards. They pretty much oblivious to football in the South. I guess I get it as they are so far away.

Oregon is everything the south is without an ounce of the charm....plus they have Portland. It is New Mexico with too many people, all of them more interested in the business of someone else to the detriment of their own. UGA whips them soundly. They actually think that 2022 UGA is going to be similar to 2019 Auburn and many are convinced UGA won't be as good as 2021 Ohio State...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I had the grave misfortune of living in Galveston, Texas in 1984 and when the Cotton Bowl matchup between Texas and UGA was announced Texas fans were very angry because their playing and beating UGA by 40 points, which they would certainly do, would hurt their chances at being crowned national champions. UGA was waaaaaayyyyyy beneath them....this was the overwhelming sentiment on talk radio in Houston and was an accepted fact. As it turned out them playing UGA did indeed destroy their shot a natty, which they would have won, had they just managed to beat UGA. What time is it in Dallas? 10-9!!!! GO DAWGS!