Landscape painting from imagination

Redbow

That row of trees on the right side of the painting reminds me of the ones on my Stepdad's family farm where I grew up long years ago. I have walked by those old trees on the farm so many times on my way to the woods for a Squirrel, Rabbit, or Dove hunt, they still stand today. That path going up hill and the trees there reminds me that I need to get back on that old farm soon for at least one last visit with that area that I loved so well when I was a boy.

Last edited:

jollyroger

That row of trees on the right side of the painting reminds me of the ones on my Stepdad's family farm where I grew up long years ago. I have walked by those old trees on the farm so many times on my way to the woods for a Squirrel, Rabbit, or Dove hunt, they still stand today. That path going up hill and the trees there reminds me that I need to get back on that old farm soon for at least one last visit with that area that I loved so well when I was a boy.
Redbow I'm glad this painting could evoke some of those memories for you, and I hope that you will be able to make that last visit to the area.

I aim to paint these pictures in such a way that gives them a dream-like quality, almost as if a memory just as you described, so I take your comment on my painting as a highest compliment, letting me know I have succeeded in my efforts.

Thank you sir.

Redbow

Redbow I'm glad this painting could evoke some of those memories for you, and I hope that you will be able to make that last visit to the area.

I aim to paint these pictures in such a way that gives them a dream-like quality, almost as if a memory just as you described, so I take your comment on my painting as a highest compliment, letting me know I have succeeded in my efforts.

Thank you sir.

And you are so welcome sir and I thank you for the paintings. I can't remember if there was a tree on the left side of the path leading back to our house but I think there used to be just like the lone tree in the painting but the old tree rotted down if I remember correctly decades ago. To be honest my old memory its not very good anymore. When I saw those painting it was like a surge of energy hit me the trees being so similar to the ones I often stopped and marveled at years ago when I was young. The old trees on that old farm are gum trees and they are huge. I have to remember to take my camera up there when I do go back. We were suppose to go and see my Sister today she lives on the old farm but she had something else to do so maybe we will go next week. Maybe there was good reason for the Wife and I not going up to the old home place today as we had planned. :)

You surely succeeded in your efforts, even if for no-one but me. (y)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like them.