Lease Rules

VicNic3

I need some help in setting up some rules for next year's club lease.Any help would be appreciated.We have 500 acres and currently have very few rules.Time to add some strict rules.We currently hunt each others stand except for the first week of rifle season.The club pays for all the food plots,have a nice power line.Currently on the wings program.Having some trouble about who hunts where.Help me out here. :whip: Do we hunt our own stands,draw for a hunt area or what....

Vic

Just 1 More

This is what I have in my rules,,, so far

All hunters must pin in and out on the same day as the hunt.
No pins are to be left up overnight.
Stand sites/areas will be on a first come first serve basis starting each and every morning, but PLEASE,
Have respect for another person, COMMUNICATE with them if you know someone is hunting a specific area.
No one shall hunt another persons stand without that persons permission.
No stalk hunting prior to 10am or after 3pm.

Club I am in

Has a board that everyone pin's in and out on.First come first serve.Everyone has ladder stands and some including myself have climbers.Everyone has a different colored pin on the board showing where there stand is.Everyone's name is on the board with a washer by there name.Whereever they choose to hunt you just hang a washer on the pin and hunt.My second year in the club and have had no issues so far.Club lease is 240 acres with 6 folks.No overnight pinning

Last edited:

Todd E

Definitely use a pin system with rules as above(no overnight pinning).

If you are having problems with the stand deal, then this is my suggestion. Everyone can designate one primary stand for themselves that no one else can hunt unless they ask and get permission. Primary must be designated prior to start and cannot be changed. Any other stands are referred to as community stands and are first come, first serve on the pin board. If you have enough land and few people then its possible to have two primary spots.

Stingray23

Pin system works good, but, you must also good lines of communication as to where everyone is planning on going. If you don't communicate you'll have guys setting their alarm clocks extra early, say 3ish and running to the pin board to get first dibs on a stand.