LSU women’s basketball

Gator89

Coach claims their pregame routine is to warm up / shootaround until 12 minutes before the game. Claims they followed their normal routine totally unaware of when the anthem would be played.

Mulkey addressed the moment in the post-game news conference, saying that the team did not intentionally skip the national anthem. "Honestly I don't even know when the anthem was played," said Mulkey. "We have a routine where the team comes off the court at the 12-minute mark and we do our pre-game stuff," said Mulkey.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Watched the whole game and I didn't see it or hear the National anthem.

Bigbendgyrene

Here's video of the coach speaking... going to add I think she WAS quite evasive in her answer despite starting it with "Honestly"...

And here's why I say she wasn't being honest regarding it being intentional. They've avoided being present for the anthem since BLM started seeing players/teams skipping the anthem / 3 years and running (thankfully no longer in this tournament though (y)).

LSU. Historyjpg.jpg

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Here's video of the coach speaking... going to add I think she WAS quite evasive in her answer despite starting it with "Honestly"...

And here's why I say she wasn't being honest regarding it being intentional. They've avoided being present for the anthem since BLM started seeing players/teams skipping the anthem / 3 years and running (thankfully no longer in this tournament though (y)).

View attachment 1297616
Sounds like they've been doing it intentionally for so long, they forgot what intentional means. They got the beating they deserved.

Latest posts