*Mean...Nasty...Bass* (Pic Heavy)

Reel Time

Not much to add to that story. Been their done that got the scars to prove it. It funny to me how the Lord will use my passion to teach me about life. Another great story Clent. Thanks for reminding me what it is all about.:clap:

Team3D

As alway, you are the man my friend... Fun, funny, and a great read!

Love the pics, and I love the "stubby steves"!! The kids think its great!

Cletus T.

Love the "Riverbassin.com" hat you have on!

Thanks Paw Paw…..my good friend Basser Drew gave that to me…..well…..actually he gave it to Hunter Jack but the boy lets me wear it from time to time!

Cletus T.

As alway, you are the man my friend... Fun, funny, and a great read!

Love the pics, and I love the "stubby steves"!! The kids think its great!

Thanks Driver for hanging in there and giving it a read…..I know it was a long one!

The stubby steve’s is amazing and I bet your kids love the stub…..you can catch 30 fish on it and never have to replace your bait…..it’s awesome!

Sterling

Cletus, loved the story and the fact that you included how God helped re-prioritize your passions. I've been there before and God did the same thing in my heart. Except mine dealt with hunting, the distance, and the time spent away from home. I gave up the lease and for 1 year just hunted where ever I got invited that was close to home or didn't go. It made me a better husband, father, and the next year God opened closer opportunity to hunt near my home in which I killed the biggest buck of my life. Prov. 21:31

Glad you all had a great time, looking forward to the video, and am more impressed by you sharing your lesson in humility and surrender to the Lord.

BOOMHOWSER

Great story and pic's Cletus. I too have made the mistake of putting MY wants ahead of HER needs. Kinda puts a damper on what enjoyment I did get out of whatever I did. It's cool to see the strong relationship you have with your family and the ability to ask God to help sort out issue's. He will never let us down!!! Keep up the good work, and if ya'll ever need a camera man out on that pond......I AM AVAILABLE!!!:D

LCT

I'll take a couple days in the doghouse for a day of fishing like that!

On a serious note...

Cletus, I dont know you but I read this forum several times a day and have been for years. I can honestly say based on your character we see on a daily basis on this site, I'm surprised you even got in the doghouse. If we now how good a man you are, surely your dear wife knows as well?
If this trip was planned in advance and they happened to get sick just before it, I dont see the big deal. When people are sick, usually they want to be left alone and you were only gone a couple days..... I guess I would have argued about it too with my wife.

Family is first but this was not life or death .....IN MY OPINION... and I DONT know the whole story. I just feel your pain to come home from an awesome fishing trip only to get in trouble....Its happened to me a few times and I get frustrated about it....

You cut up and are funny 99% of the time and to share this serious moment reminds me that we all kind of deal with the same thing sometimes.....

You are actually human after all........

You and your family are blessed (and know it!) and I guess I feel sorry for you to come home and get in the doghouse for this after such an awesome trip.

Keep up the good work sir.

I like to fish.

Word

Cletus T.

I cant wait to see video. Looks like a dang good time

Ohhhhhh you are going to like it J-Dawg….it has some awesome bass action on it. I may even add a little Zeppelin to it to take it to a whole other level!!!!!

Cletus T.

Cletus, loved the story and the fact that you included how God helped re-prioritize your passions. I've been there before and God did the same thing in my heart. Except mine dealt with hunting, the distance, and the time spent away from home. I gave up the lease and for 1 year just hunted where ever I got invited that was close to home or didn't go. It made me a better husband, father, and the next year God opened closer opportunity to hunt near my home in which I killed the biggest buck of my life. Prov. 21:31

Glad you all had a great time, looking forward to the video, and am more impressed by you sharing your lesson in humility and surrender to the Lord.

Thanks Sterling for the kind words…..I thought for a second not to post that part of the story and I know it got kind of serious and I normally don’t do a whole lot of “serious” talking on here but I felt led to include it and I’m glad I did. I know other people go through similar situations and I just wanted to share that part as well.

Again….thank you for your kind response!

Cletus T.

I'll take a couple days in the doghouse for a day of fishing like that!

On a serious note...

Cletus, I dont know you but I read this forum several times a day and have been for years. I can honestly say based on your character we see on a daily basis on this site, I'm surprised you even got in the doghouse. If we now how good a man you are, surely your dear wife knows as well?
If this trip was planned in advance and they happened to get sick just before it, I dont see the big deal. When people are sick, usually they want to be left alone and you were only gone a couple days..... I guess I would have argued about it too with my wife.

Family is first but this was not life or death .....IN MY OPINION... and I DONT know the whole story. I just feel your pain to come home from an awesome fishing trip only to get in trouble....Its happened to me a few times and I get frustrated about it....

You cut up and are funny 99% of the time and to share this serious moment reminds me that we all kind of deal with the same thing sometimes.....

You are actually human after all........

You and your family are blessed (and know it!) and I guess I feel sorry for you to come home and get in the doghouse for this after such an awesome trip.

Keep up the good work sir.

I like to fish.

Word

Well man…..she wasn’t so mad that I went ahead and went fishing but that I didn’t really check on them a whole lot when I was out there and I knew that the sickness was in my house but I was just afraid that she was going to ask me to come home and that’s why I didn’t call. Plus I didn’t get home when I said I would so that added a little fuel to the fire as well.

And YES…..I’m very human and by no means do I / we have it all figured out. I get so focused on fishing and I get crazy fired up very easily that I sometimes fail to see what I really should do.

YES…..you are right…..I am very blessed with an awesome family!!! Thanks for reading the story my man!

butter bass

Great story, great pics, great big box o flukes!! Did you dip that one fluke in s.o.s catfish reaper? Im glad I am not the only one who sometimes gets carried away with my time on the water. You are truly a humble man. Im glad it all worked out!!

Cletus T.

Awesome trip! :clap::bounce:How many guest can you bring?

Well......I'm a guest on this place so that is not my call to make but I'm very grateful to the Weasel Dawg for letting me fish it with him.

It's truly one special place!

shakey gizzard

Well......I'm a guest on this place so that is not my call to make but I'm very grateful to the Weasel Dawg for letting me fish it with him.

It's truly one special place!

Well then :cheers:to Weasle dog! Looks like good management!:clap:

BasserDrew

Nice work Cletus! I bet you guys did have some sore thumbs from lippin all those bigguns! Those are some serious monster bream too man!!!! Oh, and the River Bassin hat looks pretty good, even on a lake guy!

Gut_Pile

Ohhhhhh you are going to like it J-Dawg….it has some awesome bass action on it. I may even add a little Zeppelin to it to take it to a whole other level!!!!!

I'm feeling some Zep on this video for sure. Maybe something like Dazed and confused. Bc that's the effect you left on the fish. Dazed after you put a grown man, deep water, macho man randy savage elbow drop from the top rope hook set on them. And confused wondering why after they ate that white fluke they are still hungry :cool: