Mercy Rule on injured deer?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
He didn't have a knife on him? No law against using a knife on WMA roads.
I'm sorry but if the rabbit sheriff was intent on writing him up the knife would only have added a charge of taking game with an illegal weapon. Knives aren't among the approved weapons for taking deer in Georgia. LOL

The is no guidance in the law. The answer is a personal one and you should do the "right thing", whatever that is for you.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I'm sorry but if the rabbit sheriff was intent on writing him up the knife would only have added a charge of taking game with an illegal weapon. Knives aren't among the approved weapons for taking deer in Georgia. LOL

The is no guidance in the law. The answer is a personal one and you should do the "right thing", whatever that is for you.
that right there is what keeps me from jumping on one from a tree

ryanh487

True enough, but if the gunshot is what caught the laws attention it would have been avoided with a knife.

Jim Boyd

Think we are looking for a problem to fit a solution.

Just shoot them and drag them into the woods.

If it is a housed area, shoot them, throw them in the truck and dump them in the woods somewhere.

I have to do it regularly out in front of our farm house AND at our house in lexington.

Some are already dead and some are not.

At the farm house - to keep from handling them, I scoop them up with the tractor bucket and tote em off.

ryanh487

Think we are looking for a problem to fit a solution.

Just shoot them and drag them into the woods.

If it is a housed area, shoot them, throw them in the truck and dump them in the woods somewhere.

I have to do it regularly out in front of our farm house AND at our house in lexington.

Some are already dead and some are not.

At the farm house - to keep from handling them, I scoop them up with the tractor bucket and tote em off.
yup! just don't feel the need to share what happened on social media or web forums and you'll be fine. handle the issue and don't worry about it.

Only exception is if the animal is showing obvious signs of CWD, then I would get wildlife officials involved. Taking a few hours out of your day to keep an eye on the animal until DNR shows up could avoid MASSIVE issues with your local herd and serves the greater good, even if the critter has to suffer a little while you wait.

Latest posts