Miller/Early counties Ga leases.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties Ga

We're just a hop and skip SE from Lucille Ga.
At the request of our current membership, we're wanting to fill the 674 with 8 members who are also joining the 1268. We'll see how that goes between now and April the 1st.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties SW Ga

Here's an update on our lease for season 2009-10.

The acreage has changed to 1674 acres. St Regis notified me today, that they have cancelled my lease for the #95 Mayhaw Miller County tract.
Our membership was considering letting it go anyway due to the economy. Having to cut cost etc.. Of the three properties we have, it was the most inaccessable of the three and most costly per acre.

Still offering memberships for the remaining 1674 acres that surround that St Regis property. So now, we're back to the original property we've been hunting for 21 years.
Showed the property today. Here's some turkey pictures I have taken on the property.

2gobblers.jpg

Gobbler.jpg

And the camera got this guy on the first little food plot on the right on our main road.
turk1.jpg

I have lots more, but this is a good example of our gobblers

Last edited:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties, Mayhaw, Lucille area

This buck was taken right behind the camp. He was tending scrapes when I first saw him. Nine point.

oakhead.jpg

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties Ga Leases

Rained all night, stopping just before day. Winds at 20 to 30 mph at 38 degrees, not a good day to be looking a lease over. But when the weather clears in a few days I'll be glad to show it to ya, if interested.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties Ga

Had a few folks call and ask if the deer I picture were taken by me. Yes, and being an ol taxidermist, I have em hanging all over the house. The rope of antlers represents my 21 years on this property. We've never overharvested, actually our club has been very conservative, and management oriented.
Here's a few of my wallhangers.

denfour.jpg

denthree.jpg

dentwo.jpg

densix.jpg

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Checked he woods and trail camera today. Wets the word for all ponds and drains.
Camera had some does, fox, squirrels, and one six point on it. Moved the camera about one mile to another location to see what's moving around there. Also saw some good turkey sign. Our turkeys are still hanging out in the woods, probably because there's acorns everywhere still. Plenty scratching in pine straw too. Deer are hitting plots and browsing the new buds coming out.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller Early counties leases

Pm'ed ya..

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties Ga lease

Down with flu like symptoms. Wont be on the cell until this is over. Bear with me, leave a PM and I'll get back to ya when I get to feeling better.
Thanks

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties lease

I think I have turkey fever. Hope to clear it up on the 21st.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten

Better from the flu, I checked the property this afternoon. My new camera spot seems to be a doe spot. I'll probably move it this weekend. Walked two blocks, no sheds yet. Had turkeys answer me at three different areas. They were coming, so I shutup and moved on. Looking good when a box call can get em fired up in mid afternoon. Found a couple deer trails tore up with fresh sign. Didn't take time to see where they were going or coming from, but something sure has em moving thru there.
Still have a few vacancies......

one of the does
mar12003.jpg

Sonny

My dad and I are interested in looking at the property. What is a good time to set up a time to come up and look at it with you?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten

PM'ed Ya. On my way up now to look around.

jheaney

Son, I will be up on my property the week of 3/22 - 3/26. Lets get together and look at the property. Thanks

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten

That'll be good JH, give me a call on the cell. I might be able to show you a picture of a turkey...I'm after one unusual colored gobbler. Too bad his gobble wont give him away...lol Probably have to pass on several before he shows up. I know where I last saw him, but that don't mean much the way our turkeys move around. I rod thru the woods yesterday, and saw deer up feeding at 3 PM. Dogwoods blooming, it don't get no better.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties Ga lease

Our club has dropped one property. Retaining two of which will total to about 1600 acres. Because of this change the remaining members have decided it best we include the remaining two adjoining properties as one lease. When all considered, it makes the most sense and will allow people to spread out better. Thanks for your understanding.
I have several folks looking the properties over this weekend. Will post how many vacanices are left after they look.
I'm shooting for having dues in the bank by April the 15th, to assure we are not late in paying the lease. Resulting in another 500 dollars for being late.
Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten

For you turkey hunters that are interested. I went this morning. They didn't gobble, but I found em anyway. Saw a nice gobbler and one hen. Also found fresh tracks made after the rain. Talking to another turkey hunter who hunts a couple miles away, said he hadn't heard a turkey in almost two weeks, but they're there he said. Lots of deer were on the move this morning, saw about ten or so.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten

Checked the lease today. Lots of gobbler sign, and some new picts on the trail camera. This little guy is still hanging onto his headgear.

001-11.jpg

One picture shows his nose in the lense..