Miller/Early counties Ga leases.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/EArly counties lease SW Ga, 1674 acres

Boy, you don't stay on top long on this thread.

books3.jpg

I took this buck the next season, he put on lots of mass, much better than you see here.

Had four but,
We're back to three vacancies...

Last edited:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties lease 674 acres

A fellow club member and I were discussing an ol buck I've been seeing on the property for over three years. I've named him G-2, because all you get to see as he runs into the thick is those wide beams and long G-2's. We've seen him off season, got him on camera, but so far he's beat us.
We have three openings, join us and see if you can outsmart this buck. I'll even tell you where his favorite places are. We also have a very large boar hog, we get him on camera, and see him off season. Nobody's seen him while hunting. Is he smart or just lucky?

015.jpg

Mark K

Banned
I'm interested. What does a family cost - (Me, wife, and 1 child that hunts (12) and one that watches for now(10). Where exactly are you located - I'm in Sylvester.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties lease, SW Ga

PM'ed ya.
Our club allows wife and children thru grades 12 to hunt free. They have to hunt same block as the member to keep from tying up too much of the lease from paying memberships.

Last edited:

Swamprat

Swamprat
Son...good luck in finding members.

As for others who might be interested I will say from my couple of seasons there it is a great piece of woods. Majority of it is huntable if you know where to look. Don't let some of the thick areas scare you off. You might not see a ton of deer but there is some good ones in there. If I didn't have a lease within a mile of my house I would still be there trying to outsmart them deer.

The bucks are crafty, cagey, and smart but with determination and patience you can possibly walk out with a 130-40 class buck.

Good group of folks hunt there and the property and camp is set up well.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties SW Ga lease

Thanks SR, and wish you were still hunting with us. Those you were after are bigger now...

We have three openings at present with one fellow considering.

Here's one of my homes away from home. An ol fellow can sure take some good naps in one of these. And kill a nice buck or two between naps.

003-2.jpg

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties Ga Lease

The lease is in part, in both counties. Adjoins to make up 674 acres.
Location: Halfway between Blakely and Donalsonville Ga. Nearest map identity location is Mayhaw Ga. To narrow it down, between Mayhaw and Lucille Ga.
Between highways, Miller Rd and highway 39 on the west. On the north by Warren rd, and on the south by farm fields that go to the Cedar Springs rd.
Google Earth shows pictures taken in 2005, pretty close to what it looks like now.

aamap.jpg

Swamprat

Swamprat
Thanks SR, and wish you were still hunting with us. Those you were after are bigger now...
QUOTE]

Well if they jack up my lease price then I might be joining you all again. I won't know for awhile since it is all under one landowner and he just tells us whenever he feels like it.

If it does go up hopefully you will have a spot still open and you know a skinny fella like me doesn't take up much room.:bounce:

When I get a chance I may ride up and shoot the bull with you on a Saturday.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties SW Ga Leases

There's always room for a good member. Stay in touch.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten

A question I've gotten from several lately asking about our deer limit.
We go by the state buck regulations.

And suggest two does per member, three at most.

A member who has a wife and children hunting? We suggest that the group only take the members quota.
And that the family members all hunt the same block to keep from reserving too much of the lease.

It's only fair that a member and dependants take only what a paying member can take.

Hunting the same block is also a good rule, especially on weekends and holidays when the lease gets the most member activity.

Our club is intended for member to enjoy themselves. We don't have a bunch of rules, nor penalties for not showing up for a work day etc.. No penalties for shooting the wrong buck or for mistaking a button buck for a doe.

We do invite all members to help with the work when possible, when they're up, not asking em to make special trips. Join us and hear all the stories some of these folks have to tell. Some of em got away last year, but you have to pull those stories out of em.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties SW Ga lease.

We still have three vacancies. Come see all the deer sign and you'll want to join. 1674 acres with a 2 acre private camp.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten

Still looking for three good members.

Already renewed the lease on the largest tract of land. Just three more members to have enough to renew the other, smaller tract. Then all we need do, is wait for deer season.
Did some driving around the area the other day. Looks like timber thinning in areas west of us have run some of their deer over on our lease. At anyrate, we sure have the deer now, more than during last season.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early Counties SW Ga lease..

1674 acres, private camp, lots of deer sign and a decent turkey population. Smart ol gobblers. We need three more to pay the bill this year. Join us, and enjoy the hunting with a good club.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten

Went turkey hunting, called up a hen at three different spots, but no gobblers committed. Saw a nice buck with antlers starting to grow. I enjoyed the hunt and didn't have to clean a turkey...
Three openings available...850 to hunt the entire place. No reserved areas, first come pin in maps is what we've used since nineteen seventy five, and it works great.

talisman

came up and hunted last thursday morning heard two gobbler didnt get either one probably because they choked on mosquitos they are terrible

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties SW GA lease

Checked the roads this evening. Saw where a gobbler has been harassing a hen on our main grade road. Didn't stay, it started raining.

We still have openings for folks wanting to be a member. I really need help with these smart ol gobblers and bucks.

Bucks like this one I got behind camp

ninept03.jpg

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Miller/Early counties SW GA lease

We're still showing the property on weekends. Three to look yet, if they don't sign up. I will let ya'll know.