Mixing acorns in your corn?

mtclev5651

Has anybody ever collected acorns and put them in with your corn/feed that you scatter?

If you have, did it work?

Thanks and 4 MORE DAYS!!

Gbr5pb

When my kids was young I could encourage them to pick up a couple 5 gallon buckets full outa the yard. The Taylor county deer didn’t have many white oaks but they would walk through corn or food plots to get to them acorns under a pine tree! Tried sucking them up with a shop vac but you get a lot of trash

bighonkinjeep

I've swept up crushed white oak acorns from a parking lot with large white oaks where cars crushed them for me and shovel it up.
I make a tea in 5.gallon buckets with the crushed acorns and pour it out and refresh the spot every couple weeks. Over time deer will dig a hole several feet deep to get at it.

Shhh dont tell the buck bait and lure companies.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I’ve raked up many 5 gallon buckets of northern red oak acorns from the fire dept yard. I put them in piles along trails, not in a feeder. They tend to be eaten pretty quick by deer and squirrels.

Blackston

I've swept up crushed white oak acorns from a parking lot with large white oaks where cars crushed them for me and shovel it up.
I make a tea in 5.gallon buckets with the crushed acorns and pour it out and refresh the spot every couple weeks. Over time deer will dig a hole several feet deep to get at it.

Shhh dont tell the buck bait and lure companies.
Seriously? ….. I like it !!!

jNick

A while back my mother in law went on a blind date and when my wife asked her how it went she said it was terrible! She said the man said that he wanted to go to a park, which was fine with her, but when they arrived he got two buckets out the back of his truck and a snow shovel and put her to work for an hour gathering acorns in a parking lot for his deer feeders. Now, this is a woman who is terrified of bugs and anything associated with the woods. My wife and I were in tears listening to this story!

I asked her, well did you complain? She replied yes, I said well you failed the test. Lol!

slow motion

A while back my mother in law went on a blind date and when my wife asked her how it went she said it was terrible! She said the man said that he wanted to go to a park, which was fine with her, but when they arrived he got two buckets out the back of his truck and a snow shovel and put her to work for an hour gathering acorns in a parking lot for his deer feeders. Now, this is a woman who is terrified of bugs and anything associated with the woods. My wife and I were in tears listening to this story!

I asked her, well did you complain? She replied yes, I said well you failed the test. Lol!
Next date might have been putting her on a big buck.

Blackston

You’re gonna get us in trouble using abbreviations…..ya know this purist no trail camera/ no shooter list O G hunters are gonna have something to say ::ke:

bighonkinjeep

Seriously? ….. I like it !!!
Yes seriously. Many folks give me the that guy is crazy look when they drive by and I'm sweeping a random parking lot with no trash or dirt in it with a push broom a flat shovel and a couple of buckets.
The tea can also be sprayed from a gallon milk jug with a slit cut in the top and will bring em into an area but pouring it in one spot and keeping it fresh will start deer digging like a miner.
White oak acorn tannins are a very powerful attractant.

Blackston

Yes seriously. Many folks give me the that guy is crazy look when they drive by and I'm sweeping a random parking lot with no trash or dirt in it with a push broom a flat shovel and a couple of buckets.
The tea can also be sprayed from a gallon milk jug with a slit cut in the top and will bring em into an area but pouring it in one spot and keeping it fresh will start deer digging like a miner.
White oak acorn tannins are a very powerful attractant.
Thanks I’m trying it !!