Mounts

ncman

I got to wondering....Do I have too many mounts? I think not, although...I am only 26 and have...
4 Deer Head Mounts (one still at tax.)
2 European Skull Mounts
2 Full Body Mount Turkeys (one still at tax.)
1 Bobcat
1 Smallmouth Bass
:hair:
My wife just loves it. :rolleyes:
I just need a fox, mule deer, elk, and a cutthroat. Those are what I would like next anyway.
What all do you guys have and how many years have you accumulatted what you have? I have gotten all mine in roughly 8 years.

Dough

I got a whitetail (Big 9 point), taken in '89, a Dall Sheep (AK 88) Caribou (AK 87) and an Antelope (TX 90).
I want to add a Bear rug, Elk, and Boar (not necessaily in that order). I had a bobcat to n=mount but a freezer that quit ruined that one, maybe one day a MT Goat and Sitka Deer, if I ever get back to the Last Frontier.

dxydawg

i got 2 deer, 5 ducks, 1 goose, 1 european deer, and a bass and hopefully a turkey after this spring. got all these since i was 7, im 24 now. an elk and a moose are what i really want next, but cant quite afford to go after them now right out of college

ncman

Dough said:
I got a whitetail (Big 9 point), taken in '89, a Dall Sheep (AK 88) Caribou (AK 87) and an Antelope (TX 90).
I want to add a Bear rug, Elk, and Boar (not necessaily in that order). I had a bobcat to n=mount but a freezer that quit ruined that one, maybe one day a MT Goat and Sitka Deer, if I ever get back to the Last Frontier.

Yeah I also want a bear rug.

huntfish

I've harvested alot of North America's Big Game but only have one full mount and thats a Mallard named Wuz. Why Wuz?. cause he wuz a duck and now he's a thing on the wall, actually in the garage. I've shot animals that will make B&C but not really interested. Mounts don't do much for me, the hunt is my memory and means more than something on the wall, IMHO.

ncman

huntfish said:
I've harvested alot of North America's Big Game but only have one full mount and thats a Mallard named Wuz. Why Wuz?. cause he wuz a duck and now he's a thing on the wall, actually in the garage. I've shot animals that will make B&C but not really interested. Mounts don't do much for me, the hunt is my memory and means more than something on the wall, IMHO.

Well thats cool too. To each his own.

JByrd15

GONetwork Member
I have 3 deer, a full bodied bobcat, 5 ducks, and a fox squirel!!!! Im only 18, so hopefully there will be many more to come over the years!!!!!!!!! ::;

COYOTE X

This should make your wife breath a sigh of relief! 21 whitetail sholder-mounts, 4 european whitetail, full bobcat numerous duck pairs a sholder-mounted 400lb russian boar (w/his real 4+'' tusks and, of course, several coyotes. (typical and solid black) Then I have the tanned hides.......you get the point. If she complains, tell her shes lucky your not "really" obsessed with hunting!!!! lol.(BTW, I always threaten to move the boar into the master b/r , drives her nuts!)

ncman

COYOTE X said:
This should make your wife breath a sigh of relief! 21 whitetail sholder-mounts, 4 european whitetail, full bobcat numerous duck pairs a sholder-mounted 400lb russian boar (w/his real 4+'' tusks and, of course, several coyotes. (typical and solid black) Then I have the tanned hides.......you get the point. If she complains, tell her shes lucky your not "really" obsessed with hunting!!!! lol.(BTW, I always threaten to move the boar into the master b/r , drives her nuts!)

GEEEEEZ, How big is your house?

J Ferguson

1 deer 14 point
1 fox
2 fox squirels
1 turkey 26# 11 1/2" beared 1 1/2 spurs
1 bobcatl
4 fish 2-4# spots 1-6# 1-8# large mouth
1 hog still at tax.

wife
1 deer 8 point still at tax.

also my dads critters
2 deer 2- 8 points
1 bear rug
2 fish 1 7# cut throat trout 1 striper

Yep I got alot but since the wife got hers she dont mind now :huh: :huh: So I just got to bring it all home from my shop. :cheers: :cheers: Now I got a house full :cool:

Just 1 More

1 7x7 ELK (and I mean big)
7 Deer heads (1)( 150 class)
1 bobcat
1 full strut turkey
3 beard/Tail turkey plaques
3 Bass (1 over 10#)

bigolebuck

8 -whitetail head mounts
1-6x8 elk rack
1-5x6 elk rack
8-whitetail rack mounts
1-mule deer rack mount
1-53''moose
1-24''moose
1-deer butt
25- (quick count) racks laying in the garage
2-big mule deer sheds laying on my coffee table.
No animal mounts

Last edited:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
nawwwwwwwww.........

ya ain't even close..........21 deer heads, don't know the exact count of plaque mounted antlers, 4 deer hides, 2 coyotes, 2 pheasants, a red head duck, coons.......etc..........my house is a humane-iacs worst nightmare. :yeah: :banana:.........oops-forgot about the Woody drake, and the 4 turkey fans...... :banana:

Last edited:

Tom Borck

Banned
4 Euro Mounts
1 Turkey Fan on Board
12 Shoulder Mounts
2 Woodducks at Taxi.

A while back when I first started hunting I cut the racks off and generally lost them, thrown them out, etc. Don't know why? Guess keeping the rack was not important, not sure why I changed, but I like to keep every single rack!

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
well, it sure

wouldn't be my cookin that caused it.LOLOL :D ......have a good weekend on the plots, Sandra.......

dominantpredator

ncman said:
I got to wondering....Do I have too many mounts? I think not, although...I am only 26 and have...
4 Deer Head Mounts (one still at tax.)
2 European Skull Mounts
2 Full Body Mount Turkeys (one still at tax.)
1 Bobcat
1 Smallmouth Bass
:hair:
My wife just loves it. :rolleyes:
I just need a fox, mule deer, elk, and a cutthroat. Those are what I would like next anyway.
What all do you guys have and how many years have you accumulatted what you have? I have gotten all mine in roughly 8 years.
My cousin has about the same...although he also has on display 3 full mount black bears and 1 black bear rug. The bears were about $2500 each to get mounted...... :D

E

Etter1

1 bear rug
1 bear shoulder mount
1 tanned bear hide (on the way)
1 tanned fox squirrel hide
1 turkey fan and beard
and two whitetail racks

I also have a few pieces of whitetail hide that I tanned laying around the house.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Not a fair question to ask an old taxidermist

But I'll tell ya'll this, I don't have any hanging in the bathrooms or kitchen. :banana: