Muck boots..

M77 Ruger

Looking for some rubber boots that will also keep my feet warm on those cold mornings. Any of you guys using the muck boots and if so how are they holding up and do you like them?

Josh B

Im getting a pair. I borrowed a friends and liked them a lot. They slide on easier than I imagined. And almost knee high kept my pants dry in tall grass.

swamp hunter

A 1 about coveres it.
I'll wear them the rest of my hunting life....

cself

I have walked through a pair or two and am still buying them. My biggest complaint it that they are hot so I buy the thinnest pair they sell. If your only gole is keeping your feet warm then buy a thin pair and don't get them to tight. With the thin pair I keep half of an old army wool blanket in the bottom of my pack and drape it over my feet on the really cold mornings but for me personally that's only a couple days a season. Hope that helps.

Blackston

I love em first wore them with Dans hip waders attached when I dog hunted but now I wear em to still hunt Best ever

CummingDeplorable

I have a pair of Helly Hansen midsund 2 boots in green. I’ve worn them a bunch and show little sign of wear. They are not insulated so I can wear whatever socks I want depending on temp) They don’t have much arch support but are comfortable enough for me to walk miles in them. They are not hiking boots. I wouldn’t want to climb or descend a steep grade carrying a lot of weight. Their only about $65 online...

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I love my mucks. They are the most comfortable boots I've worn with the exception of Browning upland boots. Only complaint I have is they're hot and make my feet unless its very cold. Which in turn leads to cold feet for me ironically enough.

BeerThirty

FWIW, I have a pair of 1800g Lacrosse Alpha Burly Pros and I love them. I’ve been curious about the Mucks myself but don’t think I can part ways...

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
You will find that a pair of thin polypropylene socks with Merino wool socks over them in a pair of Muck Boots will keep your feet warm and comfy sitting in the stand for hours.

stonecreek

Switched to Mucks a couple years ago. Like stated can get a lil warm but to me its the best boot out there. Have walked for miles in them with no problem. Richard

BluewaterFever

Great boots, I have a pair going on 5 years now and they do get hot. The soles started coming off, so I got some some of that shoe goo adhesive and bonded the sole back on and i'll get another season of work out of them at least. Don't hesitate to get a pair. I have a pair of Lacrosse for this hunting season. Hope they last as well.

uturn

My Oldest pair are near 15 years old I believe...but, I have several I don't think you can buy much better!!

Good luck!

DSGB

Love mine. Like Beagler282 said, a thin liner with a pair of wool socks will be all you need for hunting in GA.

ALB

I like the Lacrosse brand. What I don't like about Muck boots are the tight tops. Hard for me to tuck in my pants legs. I like the ability to adjust the top of the boots.

Buckstop

I like the Lacrosse brand. What I don't like about Muck boots are the tight tops. Hard for me to tuck in my pants legs. I like the ability to adjust the top of the boots.

This. I ordered a pair of their rubber snake boots this summer and the tops were so tight, just wasn't a go. Other than that, they seemed well made and felt really comfortable. Sent them back and got some Irish Setters instead.

Have had good luck with Lacrosse Alpha Burly's both insulated and non-insulated.

ryanh487

I have a pair that were my primary boots for 12+ seasons. Loved 'em! They're not the most comfortable for lots of walking, but they're perfect for to and from the truck to the stand and definitely keep you warm and dry.

Last edited: