Nelly and Tanny in Kansas- Year 2

Smokim

Saw another big body buck could not judge headgear. Same spot as last one. This stand might be moving 80 yds

nellyw92

Little 6 came walking by. Got a drink from the pond, didn’t seem to be looking or smelling the ground. Just out for an evening stroll

nellyw92

I never did see the little 6 walk off and finally found out why. Little guy bedded down by the water and just got up and walked same path the does walked. He brings a Buddy sporting an extra 120”+ more than we’ll have a bloody arrow

Last edited:

Smokim

No more deer tonight. Day 2 was fun saw a couple shooters. We are getting closer. Shot my biggest buck on Nov. 8 last year. Hoping for a repeat tomorrow. And a double with Nelly joining the party.

#polarplunge2019.

Smokim

Day 3 of 5. Headed to farm. And it is cold 12 degree wind chill. I am headed to the T and Nelly is headed to old farm stand. Nothing like a cold Nov. Morning in Kansas!

We have two tags. Time to swack'

Smokim

Feels right this morning. cold and wind is calm. Really cold.

Had to move to north ladder because I forgot my harness

nellyw92

At first light the duck hunters sounded like they tagged out! I’ve had a little button buck on me for the last 45 minutes locking and smelling every branch down the Old road bed. He finally strolled off back behind me. I thought he was a do at first so got my blood pumping thinking big boy might be following. It’s completely quite this morning without a wind so it seems like you can hear anything within 100 yds. Feels like the right morning, let’s see if we can turn any leaves red

Smokim

We have two nice bucks on camera around 10am by old barn stand. Hope they stop by this morning, Nelly will give them a dirt nap!

nellyw92

I got down at 11 and moved the stand about 80 yds N. If the deer Tanny saw last night does the same thing then I’ll be in the right spot. I’ve got good trails running E and W right in front of me with a big rub. There’s bedding about 60 yds to the west so hopefully they’ll be getting up out of there and walking by me soon