not a rant really, but wheres my change!

BreamReaper

So i'm not one to wear my feelings on my sleeve, I keep my personal business my business. But a few things that occurred in my life over the past couple years, have given me a new outlook on life, living, and especially the government. Here's the timeline leading to my point:

Winter 2009:
Married my wife, stepdaughter is 3.

Fall 2010:
Lost my job, wife is pregnant, 3 under our roof. Wife tells her boss shes pregnant and going to 1st doc visit next day. Next day, boss tells her she is loosing her job AS she walks out the door to the doc. Until this time, her performance has been satisfactory. Co workers speak against her during conference call and unemployment is denied. (generic excuse I know, but that's the deal)

Spring 2011:
I'm working full time for part time pay. Sold all assets except guns and our 2 br/1ba trailer. Baby girl is born. Started working with a fellow members bro, making great pay, and purchase a parcel of land. 2 grown ups, 2 girls crammed in the box (trailer).

Winter 2011:
Worked my behind off/ saved enough to start building. The day we are laying block, wife calls, "i'm pregnant with twins!" Too late to stop building, can't afford to expand foundation.

Spring 2012:
House is nearly finished. We know twins are high risk, having many problems, bed rest ensues. We go to Houston, nothing can be done. A simple procedure in April brings the twins 3 months early. They stay in NNICU until July 4th, getting down to 2.4 lbs and 1.13 lbs. Big bro has a stage 4 brain bleed, both have bad eyes-naturally, lil bro has staph in blood-gets 3 transfusions. Doctors say no way to determine how both will develop, but they definitely will need therapy, pedi neurologist and pedi cardiologist visit.

A social worker approaches me and says they qualify for SSI disability. We would get so much a month to help while they're in the hospital. They will be re evaluated once home. Ok then, I apply and both are approved. Fast forward to present time:

Everyday, one, usually both of us made the 92+ mile round trip to Macon to see our boys. Gas was at an all time high. Friends, church, and people I don't even know about helped in different ways- i'm very thankful for that. All of our savings-bam-gone. Boys come home July 4th. They are fed through a tube into a G button in their stomach. Complications have us going to doc appts sometimes 4x a week. Cannot reach our case manager by phone. Finally get him, and he insures their benefits will be adjusted. And back pay will be sent.

Meanwhile, since at the time we were both without work or insurance, my daughter had medicaid. I can't pick up ins with my job until January. Well they cancelled at 1 y.o. but said reapply. We are going on 6 months dealing with these people!!! We faxed everything to them. Called over there, and 2 women beat around the bush, then the county manager straight out lied about receiving the info needed. This is Houston County DFACS I believe.

Now i get a letter that my sons will not be getting benefits. This is after we finally got in touch with a supervisor because the case manager wouldn't call us back. Their conditions haven't changed, who even knows if they will ever be able to walk, talk, work, etc.

Anyone will tell you, i'm not one to ask for help, this is not for pity. I don't want for anything, not a thing do I lack because of my faith in Jesus. What makes me sick is, the lies from the mule mouthed idjits, that are sitting on a salary we pay-you and I. I don't want a handout, that's why only my daughters medicaid was applied for. I could kill the system on food stamps and all this, especially since my back put me out of work for several months. The only folks helping is Babies Can't Wait, they do more than anyone. They truly put us in touch with everyone they can.

Point is, I now know why people here and others have the stance they do on politics and government. I don't know what else to say, its pure disgusting. I know why there is native terrorism here. Once again, no handout needed, just wish I hadn't been promised things i'd have to lie and be lazy to get. You'd think my investment with the IRS would stand for something. All I can say is i'm blessed with a family of six, and I don't focus on just a single income, the experience has been very humbling. Thank you to everyone that gives a Democrat a hard time today.:bounce:

Hornet22

ROMEO
I can gareenteee you BR, with this fambly we got here, if'n you do need somethin bro, throw it out there, somebody will make it happen:cheers:

Crickett

Little Lady
::;prayers for your little ones!

It's just disgusting how people who really truly need help can't get it but take some trash & let them lie & they get everything. I believe in what goes around comes around & they'll get there's one day just wait & see.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member

It's just disgusting how people who really truly need help can't get it but take some trash & let them lie & they get everything. I believe in what goes around comes around & they'll get there's one day just wait & see.
Ditto ^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!:cool:

Lukikus2

I can gareenteee you BR, with this fambly we got here, if'n you do need somethin bro, throw it out there, somebody will make it happen:cheers:

I'll second that. ::;

BreamReaper

Ya know peeps, thanks alot. I try not to complain but, well, after so much of people thinking the "system" is so good for the needy, its a joke! I work wit folks fussing everyday about just coming to a fun job! Who don't like to help people in need right? I support 6 people on whats considered near poverty. Just tired of people taking things for granted or telling me I need to lie and get food stamps. No i'm not on welfare either. I've got a little raising about me. I had to tell one nagger, he may have a better outlook on life if he ever had to watch his 2 children get "bagged", that means they're not born breathing, and the nurses won't look you in the eyes as they roll your kid away in a glass box.

On a side note- the Word says an able bodied man who wont work, will not prosper. All we can do is be a provider, if we wanna prosper.

shea900

Things will get better.

Huntress

I hope your twins are doing well. I understand what you are saying about the messed up system. I keep getting told that if I would lie and say I didn't live with my husband I could get SSI. I don't know how to lie I am an honest person. I got turned down for disability because I stayed home the last 10 yrs to raise my son, never mind all the yrs I have worked and paid into the system. I know exactly where you are coming from and I feel your pain for your children over this.

Showman

Let's all hope that things get better in the next 4 years. We all have seen or heard of people getting benefits that no more need them than Congress needs another pay raise. So many times I have been into Wal-Mart here and seen kids riding around on the electric scooters that are supposed to be for dis-abled folk. Last time I knew anything, being LAZY was not a disability, yet we hear about people on assistance just because they refuse to work at a job or think they are too good for certain other jobs. Go to your local shopping center/mall/big box store and watch the Handicap parking places and see how many people are really handicapped that park in them. Yes, it PEEVE's me (and I don't think I am alone in this).

If someone really needs help, by all means help them. Those that are truly disabled get the most and best help. Those that just need a helping hand to get back on their feet, get a more limited time and help. Those that just won't help themselves, get nothing. Everyone must be held accountable though.

I know this sounds like nothing to do with the original OP, but it does. I had a younger sister who was working for Wal-Mart, stocking shelves at night. Of course they have to follow safety guidelines like anyone else does. She had to stock top shelves and went to get the appropriate ladder and found the only one was broke. She told her supervisor (showed it to her) and was told to use another that wasn't quite tall enough or stable enough. She fell. She injured her back. The store manager (and this is what my sister told me) offered her a $2.00 and hour payraise not to go get medical treatment and not fill out an accident report. 2 weeks later, she gets "Laid-Off". She tries for other jobs at other stores in the area and gets told that since she had an injury from her previous job and did not report it that they would not hire her. So, she starts trying to get disability, jumps through all the hoops, goes to the Doctors, gets all the test and X-Rays and fills out mountains of paperwork. Finally, she files, and gets turned down. Goes to a Lawyer. He rep's her case to Social Security, gets turned down-reason: she did not do all she could do to get her injury taken care of. They appeal, again denied. So, now the Lawyer has put in lots of billable hours and wants money. Our Mother (may she R.I.P.) doles out enough to keep him on the case and pays my sisters medical bills, which really put a hurt'n on her money-wize. Lawyer puts in paperwork to get sister on welfare and food stamps. Goes through with no problem. After 24 months, Welfare is shut off but food stamps continue. Goes back to Social Security and re-applies, gets denied. She finally found a sit down light work answering phones for some doctor and is making minimum wage but only getting 25 hours a week. She did this for 3 years and one day she goes to work, no office anymore and a note on the door saying he is out of business and no forwarding address. No notice or nuth'n, just closed up and left without a word to anyone. She went and applied for unemployment benefits-Doc never paid them in-but she did get some help and finally another job working for a trucking outfit filing/secretary type stuff. She bent over a drawer to get a file out and her back gaveway. Her boss was right there and heard her back snap, called the ambulance, went to the hospital with her, and the company stood right there with her until she healed enough to go home. Then they laid her off when she was told by the Doc's she could no longer work and to file for disability. Even though they had let her go, the company got their legal beagles to do all the paperwork and submit it and, low and behold, she got approved 1st time through. She live 3 more years and one night, I got a phone call from her son asking me to go check on her and I found her dead. She had a heart attack.

I know that this was long and drawn out but it is just what my sister went through.

Last edited:

chevyman10709

So i'm not one to wear my feelings on my sleeve, I keep my personal business my business. But a few things that occurred in my life over the past couple years, have given me a new outlook on life, living, and especially the government. Here's the timeline leading to my point:

Winter 2009:
Married my wife, stepdaughter is 3.

Fall 2010:
Lost my job, wife is pregnant, 3 under our roof. Wife tells her boss shes pregnant and going to 1st doc visit next day. Next day, boss tells her she is loosing her job AS she walks out the door to the doc. Until this time, her performance has been satisfactory. Co workers speak against her during conference call and unemployment is denied. (generic excuse I know, but that's the deal)

Spring 2011:
I'm working full time for part time pay. Sold all assets except guns and our 2 br/1ba trailer. Baby girl is born. Started working with a fellow members bro, making great pay, and purchase a parcel of land. 2 grown ups, 2 girls crammed in the box (trailer).

Winter 2011:
Worked my behind off/ saved enough to start building. The day we are laying block, wife calls, "i'm pregnant with twins!" Too late to stop building, can't afford to expand foundation.

Spring 2012:
House is nearly finished. We know twins are high risk, having many problems, bed rest ensues. We go to Houston, nothing can be done. A simple procedure in April brings the twins 3 months early. They stay in NNICU until July 4th, getting down to 2.4 lbs and 1.13 lbs. Big bro has a stage 4 brain bleed, both have bad eyes-naturally, lil bro has staph in blood-gets 3 transfusions. Doctors say no way to determine how both will develop, but they definitely will need therapy, pedi neurologist and pedi cardiologist visit.

A social worker approaches me and says they qualify for SSI disability. We would get so much a month to help while they're in the hospital. They will be re evaluated once home. Ok then, I apply and both are approved. Fast forward to present time:

Everyday, one, usually both of us made the 92+ mile round trip to Macon to see our boys. Gas was at an all time high. Friends, church, and people I don't even know about helped in different ways- i'm very thankful for that. All of our savings-bam-gone. Boys come home July 4th. They are fed through a tube into a G button in their stomach. Complications have us going to doc appts sometimes 4x a week. Cannot reach our case manager by phone. Finally get him, and he insures their benefits will be adjusted. And back pay will be sent.

Meanwhile, since at the time we were both without work or insurance, my daughter had medicaid. I can't pick up ins with my job until January. Well they cancelled at 1 y.o. but said reapply. We are going on 6 months dealing with these people!!! We faxed everything to them. Called over there, and 2 women beat around the bush, then the county manager straight out lied about receiving the info needed. This is Houston County DFACS I believe.

Now i get a letter that my sons will not be getting benefits. This is after we finally got in touch with a supervisor because the case manager wouldn't call us back. Their conditions haven't changed, who even knows if they will ever be able to walk, talk, work, etc.

Anyone will tell you, i'm not one to ask for help, this is not for pity. I don't want for anything, not a thing do I lack because of my faith in Jesus. What makes me sick is, the lies from the mule mouthed idjits, that are sitting on a salary we pay-you and I. I don't want a handout, that's why only my daughters medicaid was applied for. I could kill the system on food stamps and all this, especially since my back put me out of work for several months. The only folks helping is Babies Can't Wait, they do more than anyone. They truly put us in touch with everyone they can.

Point is, I now know why people here and others have the stance they do on politics and government. I don't know what else to say, its pure disgusting. I know why there is native terrorism here. Once again, no handout needed, just wish I hadn't been promised things i'd have to lie and be lazy to get. You'd think my investment with the IRS would stand for something. All I can say is i'm blessed with a family of six, and I don't focus on just a single income, the experience has been very humbling. Thank you to everyone that gives a Democrat a hard time today.:bounce:

I can somewhat relate with you here BR. I know what it's like to have a disabled child. My son is 2 years old today and has had a long road so far and has a long road ahead. He also has a g-tube, along with some other things. I have been through the whole SSI disability thing and Babies Can't Wait is great. I know it's tough PM me if you'd like. Praying for your family.

OrlandoBrent

You have joined a select club that fortunately few in our country join, but sadly most don't have a clue about. I'm very healthy, but have some serious issues in the family that will last forever and have cost me a couple of hundred grand so far. One best friend's 17 yo daughter had a stroke after some brain surgery that should not have been done, and is disabled for life. My other best friend (OK, their both tied for 1st place) is guardian to her adult brother with disabling schizophrenia. Fortunately, the govt. kind of takes care of the latter, although no compensation for her time away from her business to take care of him. For the former, delays in insurance and govt. assistance, meant that need therapy was delayed to the point that it was not of much use.

The point is that you will often feel very alone and that no one else understands. Just remember there are those out there that realize that you are a quiet hero doing heroic things for you family.

In the meanwhile, I've spent my share of time helping the "needy", some of which really are and some aren't. It's hard not to get cynical after awhile, especially when the bleeding hearts that won't lift their own hand, but want to reach into your pocket don't have a clue as to the abuse in the system, because they're not on the front lines helping the poor.

BreamReaper

I hope your twins are doing well. I understand what you are saying about the messed up system. I keep getting told that if I would lie and say I didn't live with my husband I could get SSI. I don't know how to lie I am an honest person. I got turned down for disability because I stayed home the last 10 yrs to raise my son, never mind all the yrs I have worked and paid into the system. I know exactly where you are coming from and I feel your pain for your children over this.
My grandmother was a RN for AIDS patients in ATL, before having a quad by pass & a couple open hearts. They moved to Devereaux, GA living in an old house you could see the dirt threw the floor. My granddaddy a veteran with a little education worked all he could. She couldn't get disability until she moved out, the gov gave her a apartment in the hood.:crazy:

I can somewhat relate with you here BR. I know what it's like to have a disabled child. My son is 2 years old today and has had a long road so far and has a long road ahead. He also has a g-tube, along with some other things. I have been through the whole SSI disability thing and Babies Can't Wait is great. I know it's tough PM me if you'd like. Praying for your family.
Thanks, funny I hardly ever noticed other young people dealing with this before.

You have joined a select club that fortunately few in our country join, but sadly most don't have a clue about. I'm very healthy, but have some serious issues in the family that will last forever and have cost me a couple of hundred grand so far. One best friend's 17 yo daughter had a stroke after some brain surgery that should not have been done, and is disabled for life. My other best friend (OK, their both tied for 1st place) is guardian to her adult brother with disabling schizophrenia. Fortunately, the govt. kind of takes care of the latter, although no compensation for her time away from her business to take care of him. For the former, delays in insurance and govt. assistance, meant that need therapy was delayed to the point that it was not of much use.

The point is that you will often feel very alone and that no one else understands. Just remember there are those out there that realize that you are a quiet hero doing heroic things for you family.

In the meanwhile, I've spent my share of time helping the "needy", some of which really are and some aren't. It's hard not to get cynical after awhile, especially when the bleeding hearts that won't lift their own hand, but want to reach into your pocket don't have a clue as to the abuse in the system, because they're not on the front lines helping the poor.

Thank you also. I have an update.
Found out my son will have another surgery, going for pre op tomorrow. They will have to close the hole in his stomach from the button. Also, they were evaluated again Friday, and recommended we see a neurologist for both. BTW anyone know about the pedi neuro team @ MCG in Augusta? Hopefully they'll start some therapy next week or so.
And I spoke with a lady whom assured me the way we were handled was incorrect, so she's making some calls. If I get time with all this, I will be digging into it all this week. Sometimes you have to show 'em even a slow talkin' rascal can get up the ladder.

biggsteve

Gone But Not Forgotten
my 2 cents.

there are many states that just give away welfare and disability.
why not just move there? why stay in those backward states?

i don't understand the logic.

folks that want to smoke dope move to california.
gays that want to get married move to maine.

folks that need help should move to florida, or some place better than where you are now. there are disability lawyers out there that never take a dime 'up front'. i know, personally.

wish i could help. maybe, under romney, you'll all have a better chance? who knows.....

Redneck1919

Our prayers are with you and your family. My wife was disabled in 2002 after 30 years of work and we had to do the dance with Social Security. Our son has had two kidney transplants and a pancreas with the first kidney.
I have found with dealing with almost anything to go up the food chain. Find out who the top managers are, contact your state senator and representatives. In other words make a lot of noise.
Jim

cb1967

no doubt

this country needs some serious adjustments. the problem is us poor backwoods folks trying to out number the population and ignorance of the huge cities. jesus christ is the only chance this country has left. theproblems here doesn't matter anymore to our stupid government. they're to focused on the foreign countries and thier one world government.

Huntress

Thank you also. I have an update.
Found out my son will have another surgery, going for pre op tomorrow. They will have to close the hole in his stomach from the button. Also, they were evaluated again Friday, and recommended we see a neurologist for both. BTW anyone know about the pedi neuro team @ MCG in Augusta? Hopefully they'll start some therapy next week or so.
And I spoke with a lady whom assured me the way we were handled was incorrect, so she's making some calls. If I get time with all this, I will be digging into it all this week. Sometimes you have to show 'em even a slow talkin' rascal can get up the ladder.[/QUOTE]

MCG is supposed to have a great children's neuro team. There are several children and adults here in GA that have the same thing I have, Chiari Malformation, that are treated @ MCG. Most talk good about them. Prayers for your son. I hope that you get the help that you so need and that this lady will help you get it.

I have asked a lawyer about helping me get disability and because of the 10 yr rule they won't help, I have also contacted the state reps but so far his office guy hasn't responded to me like he was supposed to.

Prayers for you and your family.