Nuclear stress test

JonathanG2013

I’m headed in for one in a little bit. Has anybody had one done? What should I expect? I’ve done the regular stress test before. Never a nuclear

I used to work at a hospital that did these. You will come to the room. They will put an IV in your arm. Then they will inject a nuclear isotope in your IV. You will lay down on a table to and a machine will take pictures of your chest and heart at a resting rate.

After that you will then go and get injected with medicine that adds stress to your heart, and take more pictures on the table. I think it is about an hour to hour and a half.

Most people had no issues. Some people felt a little dizzy.

I hope this info helps.

Jonathan

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Had a good friend die during the procedure 2yrs ago. Just sayin . .

WaltL1

Have had 2 or 3. Definitely a weird feeling but no pain etc.

tr21

I had to have one done a couple of years ago, and I thought my heart was gonna rip it`s way out of my chest. Just me personally but I will never go through that again.
I agree, if it wasn't for turkey season starting in 2 weeks I would of dropped dead right there. they gave me a shot and it was all I could do to breathe !!!told my cardiologist we aint ever doing that again. I wasn't going to drop dead just for him to check if I'm going to die, I'll die on my own !!!!

2dye4

Should just take a regular stress test. I had the nuclear one done and then had to do a regular stress test because the nuclear one was inconclusive.

BassRaider

Had a few. Several, I thought the pressure was going to burst my heart like a balloon. The last one I asked when they would start and they told me it was done, didn't feel a thing.

specialk

Had a good friend die during the procedure 2yrs ago. Just sayin . .

my step moms sister dropped dead on the treadmill doing the same thing........been more than 2 yrs ago though....

tr21

my step moms sister dropped dead on the treadmill doing the same thing........been more than 2 yrs ago though....
I was really close. thought I was going to roll right off the back of the treadmill !!!

Beagler

I’ve had them, the last one I sit on a stool when they injected the medicine to Make my heart beat faster, after 30 seconds they gave me another injection to slow it down.