Stress test results

basstrkr

Thanks for responses. All good information. I should have also said it was nuclear test with MRI scan type device. maybe their waiting the reader person/expert to get to the results. Cause 20 years ago I would've gotten the results in 3 days.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Thanks for responses. All good information. I should have also said it was nuclear test with MRI scan type device. maybe their waiting the reader person/expert to get to the results. Cause 20 years ago I would've gotten the results in 3 days.
Mine was a nuclear test also. they take pictures of your heart while it is at the target rate. Pretty cool technology if you ask me

bullgator

What is the target heart rate? My heart fluctuates between 43 and 150 beats per minute throughout the day, often with nothing strenuous involved. I wear one of those watches to keep up with it. My regular doctor referred me to a cardiologist when her EKG said my heart rate was at 43 in the exam room. I never went. But if I do go and end up on the treadmill, is the target like 200 or something crazy?
It was about 20 years ago. I want to say 150?

bullgator

yeah .. and I was on that treadmill for over 11 minutes. No one had to tell me to go to bed that night either
I was on 13 minutes and they kept raising the incline until my calves almost burst!….

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I was on 13 minutes and they kept raising the incline until my calves almost burst!….
yeah. I posted wrong earlier.. I was on for just over 13 minutes. The said the longest anyone had gone was a bit over 15. and Yeah, burning calves, thighs and total exhaustion was the event of the day

Jim Baker

Staff member
What is the target heart rate? My heart fluctuates between 43 and 150 beats per minute throughout the day, often with nothing strenuous involved. I wear one of those watches to keep up with it. My regular doctor referred me to a cardiologist when her EKG said my heart rate was at 43 in the exam room. I never went. But if I do go and end up on the treadmill, is the target like 200 or something crazy?
43 is low and in the pace maker range and 150 is high.
If you are having shortness of breath and/or fatigue definately need to see one. Those were the symptons I had. Had a stroke and was diagnosed with A-fib.
My heart has lost rythm twice and I had to be shocked
back into rythm twice. With the a-fib my risk of stroke goes up 5 times normal.

They had me where a heart monitor for a few days after the stress test. Then they gave me the results
for all the tests.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
had a stress test in Dublin, ga on 6/13. The doctor's office is telling me it will be 4 to 6 weeks before I get results. Has anyone else had a similar response and does anyone know why would it take that long.
I had one several years ago and got the results back in about a day. Last month I started having deep chest pains when I exerted myself while out working and piddling around the barn and garden so I`m being scheduled for another one coming up soon. I`ll let you know how long to get the results back when I have this one done.
Prayers for both of you.

transfixer

I've had a couple of the nuclear ones, they knew the results right after the test, don't understand why it would take so long ? maybe the treadmill test has to be analyzed by someone they don't employ there ?

campboy

I had one several years ago and got the results back in about a day. Last month I started having deep chest pains when I exerted myself while out working and piddling around the barn and garden so I`m being scheduled for another one coming up soon. I`ll let you know how long to get the results back when I have this one done.
Hoping you have good results sir!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I had a nuclear one some time back. Before I left the room I was in, the cardiologist told me that I flunked and that they needed to do a cath and possibly stints. A couple of days later I was in for the cath. They woke me up and told me that I had failed that as well and had major blockage that had the potential to take me out nearly immediately. Went right back in to surgery for a quad bypass.

@basstrkr - I was recovering in less time than they are telling you it will take to get your results back and that was a decade ago.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
let us know when it is @Nicodemus We will be praying for good results.

In the mean time, if you feel like you need a jump start, take a look at that redhead. It is sure to get your heart pumping again

basstrkr

Good luck with the test, but If I had chest pains I would hope the schedule would be sooner than soon.
Let me also say I think/hope if I had any indicators of a problem I would get a quicker report, but 4 to 6 weeks still seems excessive.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Yep, I had no chest pains either. My GP saw something he didn't like on an annual ekg and sent me to the cardio doc.

oldfella1962

I was gonna have one here a month or so ago until they told me I was gonna have to pay 1800 after insurance . I said no thank you my heart is fine
I would think showing a patient a whopper of a bill would measure how well their heart can handle stress as well as any kind of test! :LOL:

transfixer

I had a nuclear one some time back. Before I left the room I was in, the cardiologist told me that I flunked and that they needed to do a cath and possibly stints. A couple of days later I was in for the cath. They woke me up and told me that I had failed that as well and had major blockage that had the potential to take me out nearly immediately. Went right back in to surgery for a quad bypass.

@basstrkr - I was recovering in less time than they are telling you it will take to get your results back and that was a decade ago.

My experience was similar, stress test after checking into the hospital, I failed it, next day attempted to do stents, wire couldn't get through blockage, exited the side of the vein, was taken immediately into surgery, double bypass, out of the hospital and recovering at home 5 days later , and mine was back in 2011

nimrod

had a stress test in Dublin, ga on 6/13. The doctor's office is telling me it will be 4 to 6 weeks before I get results. Has anyone else had a similar response and does anyone know why would it take that long.
I had one at Fairview park in February. I had my results in a day.

Beagler

I have a Nuclear every 5 years I think i'm due again in January, I cant do the treadmill because of respatory problems so i take the medicine. I usally have results in about a day.