? Official 2019 T/C SMACK TALK Thread?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Good luck with em
They were across the road this morning and stayed there. Did have a gobbler come easing past me. I thought it was a jake until he got by.Didnt see a beard until he got broadside. I got around on him and missed him walking away. :banginghe

deast1988

I’m wishing I had me some woods time but work messing with it.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Was gonna be a little late for work tomorrow but looks like the rain may mess that up.

Bubba_1122

I don't know how you can sit there all day. If he is not hot and coming I'm gone looking for another one.

I didn’t sit in one spot all day. I’d go crazy doing that.

If electronics are correct I walked about 7 miles in relatively rough terrain throughout the course of the day yesterday. Spent quite a bit of time sitting as well (though will confess that during the afternoon I spent a lot of that time in the shade napping).

Back at it this morning. I think the weather’s gonna get us tomorrow.

Last edited:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
It's looking like the weather will be good tomorrow. I'll be back in my Walton county spot hoping these birds cooperate

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Depends if they all don’t get DQ’D ?
I really don’t judge ?‍⚖️
They make me stay out of it.
They will DQ my bird if I don’t take the required pics.
It almost happened to me last year. The date was not showing up. I finally got it.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Y’all think any team is going to hit 7 birds

Gonna be tough...looks like a lot of folks are struggling to find a bird this year.

Was in a few jakes this morning, know there is a few longbeards around but they have went into ghost mode.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Note to self.....no jalapeño poppers the night before a turkey hunt.

Bet I could start a controlled burn if I dropped a dookie.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Gonna be tough...looks like a lot of folks are struggling to find a bird this year.

Was in a few jakes this morning, know there is a few longbeards around but they have went into ghost mode.
I've found birds on 2 different properties. My problem has been they've got hens ALL day. I had 2 gobbling the other day at 11:30 and wouldn't budge. I stayed quiet for an hour or more and nothing. This morning they were on the property line and went straight away from me

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Man trying to find a bird this year is tough. One year everything goes right and the next year nothing goes right. :huh:

Wow normally I'd wish you the best of luck.......but since we're not on the same team

deast1988

Heard one I knows where he be, but that’s still a long long ways from the truck bed hero shot.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Rode by after church a pasture I hunted yesterday morning and there was longbeard in full strut 10 yards from my setup.

Landowner doesn't allow Sunday hunting so gotta respect that but was dang sure tough to leave him alone.

Gonna try in the morning for him.