? Official 2019 T/C SMACK TALK Thread?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
STILL 2 WEEKS DUDE!!

sea trout

Sure did!! Brought my 10 year old son to try to get his 1st.
We had a great time!! Probably would've shot some shells had we not been playin musical spots!! We started at bottom of hill, had no idea gobblers and hens were roosted on hill side right above us!!! So hens got mad at my callin and started cuttin at us, gobblers were hammerin! But hens ended up leadin gobblers away from us over the hill. Me n my son wanted to "head em off at da pass", so we went around the bottom of hill to next meadow. Sat there a while and watched a deer. Later We got up and went back to our gear that we left at the origional set up and there was a coyote there! He busted us and run off but my boy wanted to try to call him back. So we tried and sat there a while. Got up later to head back to truck and now there's 2 redheads in the meadow where we were watchin the deer. Pretty sure one busted us but my boy wanted to set up and call to him. So we sat there a while. Then got up and headed back to truck and on the way we flushed 3 jakes around the old woodshed almost to the truck.
Then we went to burger king and got some breakfast!
IDK if he'll go with me again in the mornin if it's rainin. If he does he'll be the shooter again. If not I'll go myself. Then this week comin I have a lot of mornins off to go by myself!!
Good luck y'all!!!

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good luck to you sea trout , sounds like a great day spent with your son !

sea trout

Thanks man you too! Hardest turkey to kill is to get one in front of my boy! Why that is so hard I don't know. I'll go by myself tomorrow and I bet I'll have young birds right in front of me lookin around for nuthin!! I just can't get that right scenario with my son with me.
A week and a half left!!! Good luck y'all!!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That’s for sure , it’s a different game with a kid , my daughter is 15 and has killed 8 or 10 and I’ve called 2 rt up in our lap this season and she can’t get a shot , one big bird I’ve been hunting last weekend , finally got on him rt and he gobbled all the way to the gun and he seen her move the gun , she was ****ed lol , she said I hate turkeys lol , then she said I’m ready for deer season !

sea trout

Ahhh ha ha! Sounds like she's had close calls this season!
I had a small tom on that youth weekend come up on my sons right side, at our 3 oclock. I told him just freeze and the bird will cross right in front of us. Yeah 10 yrs old with a drumming gobbler and freeze for few minutes did not mix!!!! AHHH ha ha ha It is fun though

sea trout

Good luck to y'all headed out this marnin!
It's not rainin at all here in Commerce. I'm goin!
Might get rained on in the woods but I should survive!
Gonna go shoot a 10 pointer to beat Tomboy boots and beagler

sea trout

Good ol rainy day Tom!!!!!!
Definetly 10 inch beard! Spurs might be right at 1 1/4 idk that's gonna be close!!!
2019050595070049.jpg

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Congrats sea trout. I've been listening to birds on posted property. I got a pair to come to the fence gobbling at 11 o'clock the other morning. They just won't come to my side.

sea trout

Do what kmack does and put some crickets on your side of the fence!

sea trout

He's copying the new style. Waiting till the end of the season for the bigger toms.

Y'all, I'm pretty sure my gobbler hunt this mornin may have costed me my phone. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! It's been in a bag of rice all afternoon but it's still neon green and blue screen. I should probably quit checkin it a nd wait till marnin.
I'll be huntin most mornins this week!!!
Good luck if y'all get out there!

Bubba_1122

Y'all, I'm pretty sure my gobbler hunt this mornin may have costed me my phone. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! It's been in a bag of rice all afternoon but it's still neon green and blue screen. I should probably quit checkin it a nd wait till marnin.
Ughhh on the phone being toasted. I'd leave it powered off and let it dry out for a day.

Thought I'd toasted my almost new phone last weekend. Fishing in the Gulf and fell off the back of the boat with my phone in my pocket ( thankfully only in 3' of water). Motor was trimmed up and I landed hard on the foot/propeller on my side just under my rib cage - then splashed into the water.

I ended up at hospital having CT scans n such. Ultimately, phone ended up fine (thankfully) and I ended up black and blue and with bruised colon (doc said usually see that in motorcycle wrecks with handlebars in belly).

Can't make this stuff up.

Hope your phone wakes up ready to go tomorrow.

Last edited:

sea trout

Dang Bubba! Good thing that prop wasn't in gear!!!!
I wish I could get my phone to power off but I cant get power off option to display on the screen!
It's still in rice, the screen still weird colors but the alarm still workin this mornin so there's hope!!! Fixin to go to club for few day's I hope phone gets back to good screen! What were ya fishin for in the gulf? Did y'all do any good?
Good luck to y'all!

Bubba_1122

Dang Bubba! Good thing that prop wasn't in gear!!!!
I wish I could get my phone to power off but I cant get power off option to display on the screen!
It's still in rice, the screen still weird colors but the alarm still workin this mornin so there's hope!!! Fixin to go to club for few day's I hope phone gets back to good screen! What were ya fishin for in the gulf? Did y'all do any good?
Good luck to y'all!

Motor was tilted and turned off. When I fell I grabbed a fishing rod. It broke and when it did I fell off the back of the boat onto the tilted up motor (not running). Prop gouged in my side. Truly a "here's your sign" sorta moment. I'm very fortunate.

Was fishing for reds. Was very slow. Kept fishing after "the incident" (at least once I caught my breath).

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Seen 10 hens together this morning going from the property I hunt to the posted property. No gobblers with them. What's up with that?

sea trout

Motor was tilted and turned off. When I fell I grabbed a fishing rod. It broke and when it did I fell off the back of the boat onto the tilted up motor (not running). Prop gouged in my side. Truly a "here's your sign" sorta moment. I'm very fortunate.

Was fishing for reds. Was very slow. Kept fishing after "the incident" (at least once I caught my breath).

WOW MAN YEAH CLOSE CALL!!!
I ended up having to get a new phone. This is the !!!THIRD!!! phone I destroy and have to be replaced since we took part in cell phones ahhhhhhhhhh.....17, 18 years ago. All three have been because of a turkey huntin + water in some form or fashion.

sea trout

Seen 10 hens together this morning going from the property I hunt to the posted property. No gobblers with them. What's up with that?

I'm gonna guess that's a poult hen flock????? But IDK otherwise.
If you ask in the regular turkey forum they will all know.