Official Game Thread....... Alabama vs FSU

weagle

Could be the speed on FSU, but I thought Hurts actually looked like he had lost a step vs last year.

Still a solid performance by Bama.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Disapointing game - Bama still rules.

Matthew6

Banned thug
After watching that game not sure why all the hype? FSU still has bad offensive line, hurts can't throw, bama has very good defense again.

Very sloppy at times by both teams but expected for first game of season.

I don't think Bama will score as many points on defense as they did last year, but as long as they can run the ball, they will be in it until the end. I don't see FSU any better than they where last year. Very good team but end with 2-3 loses.

bama or fsu would have spanked osu.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
After watching that game not sure why all the hype? FSU still has bad offensive line, hurts can't throw, bama has very good defense again.

Very sloppy at times by both teams but expected for first game of season.

I don't think Bama will score as many points on defense as they did last year, but as long as they can run the ball, they will be in it until the end. I don't see FSU any better than they where last year. Very good team but end with 2-3 loses.

Snookums, you just don't understand SEC foozbawl...:rofl:

Both teams brought the defense which prevented both teams offense from performing to it's fullest potential. But then, that's what good defenses are suppose to do.

Last year Bama's defense was weak on pass coverage. Not so much this season. It was good to see some of the defensive gaps getting filled.

Offense? I think Francois is one of the better QB's in college football today. It doesn't matter how good you are though, when you are up against a very good defense. I sincerely hope his injury isn't long term and he can get back in the game.

Hurtz? I think the very aggressive FSU defense shut his potential down. It was a bad test for Bama's first game offense, but then again, it exposed flaws in the O-line for Bama that need to be worked on. Hurtz passing is better I believe, and it will be shown in future games. His running seems to have gotten worse. Instead of all out point 'A' to point 'B' running he seemed to be running with hesitance, as if he was running scared instead of with intent. That could have been attributed to the highly aggressive offense that FSU brought also.

First games are never good games to judge your season by. Things will always change and typically these games are used to evaluate where those changes are needed. For the first / evaluation game to be such a high intensity / profile game is what is crazy. If Saban can make the necessary corrections it should be a dominate season from here to the end when we meet yet another ACC team for the NC. It could even be FSU this time for a second meeting.

Matthew6

Banned thug
Snookums, you just don't understand SEC foozbawl...:rofl:

Both teams brought the defense which prevented both teams offense from performing to it's fullest potential. But then, that's what good defenses are suppose to do.

Last year Bama's defense was weak on pass coverage. Not so much this season. It was good to see some of the defensive gaps getting filled.

Offense? I think Francois is one of the better QB's in college football today. It doesn't matter how good you are though, when you are up against a very good defense. I sincerely hope his injury isn't long term and he can get back in the game.

Hurtz? I think the very aggressive FSU defense shut his potential down. It was a bad test for Bama's first game offense, but then again, it exposed flaws in the O-line for Bama that need to be worked on. Hurtz passing is better I believe, and it will be shown in future games. His running seems to have gotten worse. Instead of all out point 'A' to point 'B' running he seemed to be running with hesitance, as if he was running scared instead of with intent. That could have been attributed to the highly aggressive offense that FSU brought also.

First games are never good games to judge your season by. Things will always change and typically these games are used to evaluate where those changes are needed. For the first / evaluation game to be such a high intensity / profile game is what is crazy. If Saban can make the necessary corrections it should be a dominate season from here to the end when we meet yet another ACC team for the NC. It could even be FSU this time for a second meeting.

Future fsu 1 st rounder Matthew Thomas is a dang beast and he had a big impact on Hurts running game yesterday. :cheers:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Future fsu 1 st rounder Matthew Thomas is a dang beast and he had a big impact on Hurts running game yesterday. :cheers:

Yes he did, but I was speaking more to Hurtz hesitations and jukes that cost him additional yardage on his runs. He didn't do that last year. He was either running scared and making bad decisions on his running or something has changed in his training, and not for the better.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Yes he did, but I was speaking more to Hurtz hesitations and jukes that cost him additional yardage on his runs. He didn't do that last year. He was either running scared and making bad decisions on his running or something has changed in his training, and not for the better.

He was trying to be a quarterback and not a running back..:bounce:

Good win Bammers. FSU sucks and if that is the best the ACC has... Well... Go Tech!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The first half was a great game. Both teams played with intensity and emotion and it was a classic defensive battle. The Noles either lynched themselves in the third quarter and then the wheels came off or the wheels came off and then they lynched themselves. We report, you decide.

I don't think even tOSU could have beaten Bama in the second half. :bounce: Their defense is a bone crusher.

Speaking of defense - Paging Butch Jones. Alabama's defense is what a brick wall looks like Butch. Less mortar, more bricks and stack the bricks straight.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tough break for Francois. He's a good QB and the Noles will need him back. Hope he isn't hurt bad.

Congrats to Bama on a big win. Y'all are the team to beat.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Watched the replay this morning. After i got tangled in a barbwire fence yesterday and landed flat on my back i was ready for Aleve and bed . I DID find the dove though. Watched the first half and went to bed.
I liked what i saw out of our defense and the offense did make some use out of the gifts that FSU gave us. The Noles are a great team and hope that Francois recovers back but it sure looked iffy.

As Nick says it was not pretty. But we won. The team knows they have to work and they will to get better. Bama could have scored allot more. They had the chance and just could not close the deal. FSU defence was tuff and thjey will get better. Next week the play Clems Son and hope they do well. My wife and Daughter will be in T town next week end.

fish hawk

Bass Master
We will know more about bama when they finally play somebody,but that will be a while

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Being reported that Francois is out for the year with a torn patella tendon.
Expensive win for Bama too. We lost two starting linebackers for the season with the injuries.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
They didnt look so hot .They look like a top 3 team to you?They'll be lucky to be in the top 25 at the end of the year

They didn't play app state

fish hawk

Bass Master
They didn't play app state

The O line sux,it was just a matter of time before frenchy got killed,special teams was awful,running game was awful......etc!!!How they were ranked #3 is beyond me.

Matthew6

Banned thug
bama or fsu would have beat the dogs by more than double digits. bama by as many as nick wants to.