Oil Change

Tight Lines

Frontier. Love it. My last one went 300k with almost every original part on it except battery and brakes.
I just bought a 2005 Titan from my dad. 52K on it. I've had 3 Nissans and they were great...2 Nissan Leafs that I used as commuter cars in Atlanta, and a 2005 Nissan 350z. Now the 2005 Titan. I'm a fan of their cars and the Frontier is a great pickup...

acurasquirrel

It costs me 45 to change the oil in my Tacoma myself. One gallon Mobil 1 full synthetic 27.43 and a quart of the same 7.97 and OEM filter 7.50. Not paying someone to do what I can easily do myself. To each there own though.
I’ve got it down to $30 in my Tacoma. I get 6 quarts on sale at Costco for $25 and buy my filters in a 4 pack online for $20. Of course based on the Blackstone labs testing and how much I drive I would only need to change my oil once every 2 years. I still change it annually.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
$30 or less apiece for all my vehicles, been running Valvoline synthetic blend for about 2 years now. I wait for a sale and buy in bulk. Swapped from 3,000 to every 5,000 miles when I went to the blend. 30 minutes at home is cheaper to me than the 15 minute ride to town, hour wait at the oil place then 15 minutes home.

Redbow

It costs us just a shake over 60 bucks to get the oil and filter changed in my Frontier and my Wife's Nissan Rogue. Both are 2019 models. The dealership in Jacksonville NC gave us 3 free oil and filter changes. I don't know of any dealership around here that gives free oil changes for as long as you keep a vehicle now. They used to but have since quit doing so in our area. I'm just too old to get down and wallow on cement to change the oil and filters in our vehicles now.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Valvoline full syn, and Fram filter, both from Wally world. '06 F150 with the Triton 5.4l (7 qts). I can do it myself every 5000 miles for about $40. Take my used oil into the local O'Reilly's and they take it for free.

lonewolf247

I do my own oil changes. Actually, lately with Kirkland brand oil(Dexos I)Full Synthetic. Works great. Think I bought two 5-quart jugs, for $24 for a 2-pack. Plus an A/C Delco filter, from Walmart, I can do an oil change for about $25.

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
oil prices have had 14 price increases this year. Last week we got a 17% price increase on oil. Diesel rated conventinal oil is now over $1000 a 55 drum