Petition to drain Lanier

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
They drain Lanier too low and they're going to find a bunch of stuff people wanted to stay buried ,,,
Yeah, I'm quite sure if this gets pushed too far she might get invited to eat lunch with some nice Italian boys from up north.

transfixer

Nah, more like a bunch of local boys and moonshiners in the late 50's and into the 60's made a bunch stuff disappear into the waters there , my Dad and uncle knew of a lot of cars that insurance paid off on, and heard stories of people that went missing no one ever found

westcobbdog

Nah, more like a bunch of local boys and moonshiners in the late 50's and into the 60's made a bunch stuff disappear into the waters there , my Dad and uncle knew of a lot of cars that insurance paid off on, and heard stories of people that went missing no one ever found
Goodfellas.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
That’s because they disproportionately refrain from water activities, to include swimming. When was the last time a group of blacks went past you on jet skis when you were on the water?
There’s a lot more doing it now than 30 years ago

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
There’s a lot more doing it now than 30 years ago
I can buy that. I remember when it was so rare Oprah got press coverage on taking swimming lessons and trying JetSkiing.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Did she really put her kid on a tube behind a boat WITHOUT a life jacket? I simply do not believe anyone is that stupid. NOBODY IS THAT STUPID! I don’t remember the story back when it happened so I don’t know any details. But I think y’all are making that part up!
IF, that no life jacket part was true, she should be in jail for child abuse, neglect and any other related charges that level of stupidity might include. NOBODY IS THAT STUPID!
I jump in the lake every time I go fishing in the summertime, every time! First thing I do is put on my life jacket, then I dive in. I may die of a heart attack or some unforeseen event but I guarantee you I’ll be afloat!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Maybe she was warned to let enough time go by that she won’t be brought up on charges……forget what it’s called……I hate getting old

BassRaider

per the article:
The proposal also calls for stricter regulations and zoning for water-related activities, more water safety educational programs, and the acknowledgment of "Confederate associations tied to the lake."

I acknowledge that "Confederate" associations have nothing to do with the lake being built.
Was the jet skier that hit the boy charged? Was he with that group?
If there were concerns about the lake associations, why were they there?
So many questions.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
MY MISTAKE on the absence of life jacket on kyle
AND the drinking...
But the guilty jet skier was part of the party and was sentenced tofour years in prison.

Apologies...Screenshot_20230719_121105_Chrome.jpg

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Did she really put her kid on a tube behind a boat WITHOUT a life jacket? I simply do not believe anyone is that stupid. NOBODY IS THAT STUPID! I don’t remember the story back when it happened so I don’t know any details. But I think y’all are making that part up!
IF, that no life jacket part was true, she should be in jail for child abuse, neglect and any other related charges that level of stupidity might include. NOBODY IS THAT STUPID!
I jump in the lake every time I go fishing in the summertime, every time! First thing I do is put on my life jacket, then I dive in. I may die of a heart attack or some unforeseen event but I guarantee you I’ll be afloat!
Brother you’d be surprised how stupid people are. That part doesn’t surprise me in the least