Pine Log WMA Hog hunt Jan 13-15

Robk

Bring that four wheeler in your avatar. Recon by Fire I say.

Rangers Lead the Way!!!

Rob

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
My gps has a two-way radio built in.
I also have a extra set of radios i can lend-out.
I will be there(WH) for sure on the morning of 13th.

FVR

Don't ya'll go killin all the hogs over thar. Radios, atv's, big guns, sounds like an some pork gonna be cooking soon.

Frank

Robk

That's the plan. But after enough years in the Uncle's employ I learned that the best laid plans seldom make it past the line of departure.

LOL

Rob

243Savage

Roll Call

I just went through all the posts to try and get an idea of what kind of show we are going to have. Here's what I see besides me.

1jcastillo
pnome
ds7418
robk
fvr
mossyoak270
smokymtnsmoke

rayjay and randy were here but couldn't quite determine if they were coming. Seems like we had more people jump in for this but it may just because of the number of posts to the thread.

All you guys chime in with the for sure dates you'll be there
so we all know who's gonna be where and when. I'm definite for the 14th, most probable the 13th if I can scoot out of work.

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
Im doing a vacation-day the 13th....
I will be there. I dont have a 4-wheel drive,
so if the road is iced over i might have to bum
a ride from the Waffle-House.. ok??
Dewayne

243Savage

A little photo op incentive....

Fella's, this is the kind of picture we want to take next weekend. That's me on the left.

Attachments

• black boar.jpg
    black boar.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 130

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
I hope to see a hog,, or,, yote...
Think i just need to shoot something..::;

Torupduck

Banned
I have a four wheel drive and I am ready to go. Can someone tell me where the check in is? I am on for sunday.

SmokyMtnSmoke

I hear ya man...

DS7418 said:
I hope to see a hog,, or,, yote...
Think i just need to shoot something..::;

I've been adding to my firearm collection and it'd be nice to pull a trigger and be successful on a hunt! :fine: :cheers:

Robk

Dont worry. If you have a little ground clearance and stick to the main roads on the WMA there isn't much chance at getting stuck.

Rob

243Savage

Robk said:
Dont worry. If you have a little ground clearance and stick to the main roads on the WMA there isn't much chance at getting stuck.

Rob

Rob's right on with this one. I have a 2wd Isuzu Rodeo that goes along just fine at Pine Log.

Besides, if you get a good enough run at it you don't need 4wd. :D

Robk

I drive a 2wd Ford Escape that does real well there. They take logging trucks in and out of there all the time so they maintain the roads pretty well.

Rob

Russ Toole

I made it back there with my company car, a chev impala, and i crossed the creek with it. Granted it made some strange noises, but made it fine. I wouldnt try it after a heavy rain though.

1jcastillo

gun help

For the Pine Log Hog hunt, shall I use my 30-06 deer gun or a 12 gauge shotgun? If the shotgun, what shells shall I get?

243Savage

1jcastillo said:
For the Pine Log Hog hunt, shall I use my 30-06 deer gun or a 12 gauge shotgun? If the shotgun, what shells shall I get?

Just my .02....If we find ourselves in the thick stuff, which we may very well at that, the scatter gun may be the best way to go. Personally, I'm not taking anything with a scope in anticipation I'll be in the brush. Initially I was going to take the muzzleloader but we may have some rain so I've changed my mind on that. I'm strongly debating my 870 with slugs or my old beat up un-scoped 30-30...it ain't pretty but it shoots true.

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
im taking a 270-automatic,, has iron sights and a scope.

FVR

Onlly place cars will be scraping bottom on the main roads is if you take a left at the first bridge. After you take the right there are two humps ging up the hill. I use to fly over these in my Jeep but now I take'm really slow in the Camry. You will make it over, but you will hear a little rub.

Have to take the longbow, close and personal.

Frank

Jared

Going to take my slug gun. Shots are going to be close as Frank said. Dont hunt the open oaks unless you are bird watching or rock climbing. Stick to the cutover, mountain laurel.