Power Lines

Sirduke

We have a 150 ft wide powerline that runs diagonal across our family farm, it has always produced deer, and now that we keep it planted in food plots, it does even better.

Attachments

• 8pt.jpg
    8pt.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 916

ETK

We have a 90 yard wide powerline on our hunting property. It is 3/4 mile long. It is the best place I have ever hunted in Georgia. My best bucks are and were killed in the am. I am fortunate to have a powerline that runs east to west. My stands are on the south side so the sun is never in my face which helps keep me hid. I shoot a 7MAG zeroed one inch high at 200 yards so it is four inches low at three hundred yards. I will be there Friday morning.

Sirduke

Still waiting for a horn nazi to tell me that one would have been a good un next year...

golffreak

We kill very good bucks every year on our power lines. Most are between 8-11.

Mlrtime

If a buck is on a hot doe they will cross a power line or a 300 acre pasture in the middle of the day. If she leads him to the side of the Interstate, he'll be beside the Interstate.

TheWildLife

Powerlines make really good deer stand locations, but just like previous posts, be ready to shoot. Gas lines make much better places to me. They are usually maintained, i.e. mowed or cut, more often than power lines. The power companies have been utilizing herbicides more often. They seem to only care about the taller vegetation and trees. Gas lines are maintained more for erosion control, therefore more grasses and shorter vegetation. Either one can provide great deer hunting, especially if it disects hardwood and softwood areas.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
WOW !!! This thread laid dormant since a week after the big crash of 2004 until now,

Also points out that a thread can still be applicable and on topic after 7 years.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
We have a 150 ft wide powerline that runs diagonal across our family farm, it has always produced deer, and now that we keep it planted in food plots, it does even better.

"why must you shoot small bucks!!" :mad::mad::mad:

T:rofl:

01Foreman400

Staff member
Power lines are my favorite places to hunt. Both of my leases have power lines on them.

Mangler

I agree...We kill some really nice ones on the powerlines every year. Some spots are better in the morning and some are better in the evening. You just have to sit and see what happens in each area.

T.P.

Banned
WOW !!! This thread laid dormant since a week after the big crash of 2004 until now,

Also points out that a thread can still be applicable and on topic after 7 years.

I just wanted to see if anyone one notice it was started 7 years ago...:worm:

Kris87

no power lines for me. dont have any, and they dont make for good bow stands. :D