Processor's Full In south Georgia

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I know a lot of hunters that use processors and have no problem with it , processors got to eat to , but I also agree with hillbilly everyone should learn the basics, I was taught that as soon as I started hunting, also a lot of people that use them live in areas where cleaning a deer isn’t a option, I say to all happy hunting processor or not

Do u have a buck tag I can borrow ??
I’ll get my wife to clean and process it !
Make biscuits too!

We use one from time to time. When time to do it is not on our side.
With today’s Internet anything can be found on how to do.
From field dressing to skinning. Tanning hides. How to process !
How to anything.
Having the time and place to do it helps.

Happy hunting. ?

oppthepop

I think a lot of people take something said as bashing when it isn’t intended that way.
I’m not belittling anybody for taking a deer to a processor. Far from it.
I just don’t understand why anybody who deer hunts refuses to learn how to at least gut, skin, and quarter a deer and get it in a cooler so it won’t spoil. In case you have to some time. It’s a quick, simple process that takes no special tools or space and about half an hour of time. Surely you own a knife and a piece of rope and a cooler. And if you have a place to deer hunt, you have a tree limb.

There is nothing at all wrong with taking a deer to a processor. But there is a whole generation of hunters out there who have no idea how to do anything else, either through nobody ever teaching them the basics, or just plain laziness. I have nothing against anybody taking a deer to a processor, nor am I bashing anybody who does. All I am saying is that if you’re going to go shoot deer, at least learn the basic skills to keep your deer from spoiling in an emergency. Then take it to the processor for the rest when you can.

If you know how to gut, skin, and quarter a deer and stick it in a cooler, but you take it to a processor because you want to, I’m not talking about you. I’m talking about the folks who refuse to learn the basics that everyone who calls themselves a hunter should know, and then panics when they kill a deer and the processor isn’t open and let it rot.
Amen to that my friend!!! NEVER do that.

rugerfan

I don't understand why some people do not field dress their deer. When I dropped my deer off at the cooler, I was apologizing for a not so good field dressing. ( trying to field dress a deer while it is sliding down a hill in fading light, is not real fun).

The guy at the cooler said: At least you gutted it. Walked in to sign the book and saw a sign. Field dressing deer will be an additional $20.00.

I use a processor because of the convenience, I have done over a dozen myself over the years. Usually makes my neighbors uneasy, but it is fun to see the looks on their faces.

Doe Dirt

Had a buddy try to take his to the processor on Saturday evening. He went to 3 different ones in west Ga and they were all full. He ended up quartering it and found one to take it Sunday morning on his way to work.
Told him he needs to start doing his own. He’s got 4 kids and work 6 days a week this time of year. Nothing wrong with using a processor. We all need a little help every now and then.

Mackie889

I say this is still a free country and we can each do as we please with our deer. If you have the time, tools, and skills to process it yourself, great! If you prefer to pay someone to do it for you, that’s great too! This seems like a petty argument in my opinion. We have too many things dividing us as a country these days and as far as I am concerned, WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM!

Doe Dirt

I say this is still a free country and we can each do as we please with our deer. If you have the time, tools, and skills to process it yourself, great! If you prefer to pay someone to do it for you, that’s great too! This seems like a petty argument in my opinion. We have too many things dividing us as a country these days and as far as I am concerned, WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM!
Preach it brother! Not everyone grew up with a dad/grandpa to show them the tricks of the trade. A lot of people now are getting into hunting by someone else that may be a novice. So they learn by what they are taught. For that guy who likes to kill one deer a year, the next investment in processing equipment might not be worth it to him. I’m 50/50 if I get one on the weekend then I’ll process it myself. I get one after work in the evenings, then it goes to the processor.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Do u have a buck tag I can borrow ??
I’ll get my wife to clean and process it !
Make biscuits too!

We use one from time to time. When time to do it is not on our side.
With today’s Internet anything can be found on how to do.
From field dressing to skinning. Tanning hides. How to process !
How to anything.
Having the time and place to do it helps.

Happy hunting. ?
Yes my hunting partner (daughter) Still has 2 , I’m fresh out !

Ugahunter2013

our processor has had a friend of mines deer for 2 1/2 weeks now. Hard to clear room when it takes that long

Tadder

Join the loop NEGA been that way for a while. I use too work my own up but sense I got hurt I tend to take em too local processor . Just got a lot hard on my well being. I do more watching than shooten now days anyway.

I don't understand why some people do not field dress their deer. When I dropped my deer off at the cooler, I was apologizing for a not so good field dressing. ( trying to field dress a deer while it is sliding down a hill in fading light, is not real fun).

The guy at the cooler said: At least you gutted it. Walked in to sign the book and saw a sign. Field dressing deer will be an additional $20.00.

I use a processor because of the convenience, I have done over a dozen myself over the years. Usually makes my neighbors uneasy, but it is fun to see the looks on their faces.

Most of the deer that I have seen field dressed, were done by people that didn't have a clue about what they were doing, which cost them meat in the end. Of course they will want to complain about how they were shorted by the processor. lol

It's better to leave the deer in tact, instead making a mess for someone else to clean up after.

I don't field dress mine, but I'll have mine to the processor within 15 minutes of shooting it. lol