Property line hunting again……..

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
In this case the guy is hunting on the OP’s land, so I think that qualifies this for a not so nice approach. If the guy’s stand was completely on my land, as SL says it is, I’d remove it from the tree and lay it down on their side.
I was speaking in general and not to this specific circumstance. However, if I was speaking about this specific instance, being that he found a climber on his property, reporting it to DNR would be in order. The rest of what's happened isn't illegal but is suspicious at best and dangerous at worst. I think leaving the note like he did was a good first step in keeping a bad accident from happening that could ruin a couple of folks lives.

Last edited:

transfixer

You're a much nicer person than I am, lol, I've been known to search out a neighboring clubs camp and drive right up in it, get out and start calling people out ,, :sneaky:

years ago a neighboring club started dumping carcasses and remains right in the middle of a logging road that was on our lease, but within about 5ft of the property line between their lease and ours,

I went out to the main road, found the road into their lease, drove right up in the camp , hopped out and asked " okay who's the ( insert derogatory term here ) who's dumping carcasses over on my clubs road ?

Carcasses were moved that afternoon

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
When timber company’s mark lines. Most are close but not on them exactly. The club next to us had kids marking lines. They didn’t mark back where the old was. But rather more on us because it was easier to mark walking down our road.
The club behind my private land. The trees are marked on my place because they cut there’s. They can’t mark a line if not tree there so they go to the closes.
Anyway. Y’all have fun.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You're a much nicer person than I am, lol, I've been known to search out a neighboring clubs camp and drive right up in it, get out and start calling people out ,, :sneaky:

years ago a neighboring club started dumping carcasses and remains right in the middle of a logging road that was on our lease, but within about 5ft of the property line between their lease and ours,

I went out to the main road, found the road into their lease, drove right up in the camp , hopped out and asked " okay who's the ( insert derogatory term here ) who's dumping carcasses over on my clubs road ?

Carcasses were moved that afternoon
I finally learned sugar catches more bees than salt lol.

20 years ago I’d hung a climber on his tree and sat right under him.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Stay off my tree !!! Look your way and quit cutting the deer off coming from u. Please !

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
When timber company’s mark lines. Most are close but not on them exactly. The club next to us had kids marking lines. They didn’t mark back where the old was. But rather more on us because it was easier to mark walking down our road.
The club behind my private land. The trees are marked on my place because they cut there’s. They can’t mark a line if not tree there so they go to the closes.
Anyway. Y’all have fun.
Both properties are private, not timber company owned.

These trees grew after the permanent pens were in place many years ago. I’ve reached out to the property owner that’s listed on the property records.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Just wondering.
How many acres do u have and how big is there place ?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Well, the guy doesn’t want to be nice about it. Doesn’t claim the climber, so I’m keep it until someone does.

Now there’s a 5 gallon bucket 10 foot on our side behind his feeder that has “potty” written on it. Put a little mud on several toilet tissue pieces and placed in the bucket. Poured out some bobcat lure. My son in law is making an enclosure so we hang a tarp on it like it’s a porta potty,

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Well, the guy doesn’t want to be nice about it. Doesn’t claim the climber, so I’m keep it until someone does.

Now there’s a 5 gallon bucket 10 foot on our side behind his feeder that has “potty” written on it. Put a little mud on several toilet tissue pieces and placed in the bucket. Poured out some bobcat lure. My son in law is making an enclosure so we hang a tarp on it like it’s a porta potty,
Hate that it's come to that but you tried.
Report that climber to the DNR too.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Yeah, that's an awful lot of work to ruin a good hunting spot. Especially if they're running that feeder.
If he was serious about hunting he’d move about 100 yards down and partially cut me off. Everything coming in there comes from this little bottom and another spot and I’m sitting where the two creeks meet. My hunting won’t be goofed up with this. I just want him to know we’re there too so when he shoots at least he knows.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Yeah, that's an awful lot of work to ruin a good hunting spot. Especially if they're running that feeder.
You got me rethinking this. I have two primary goals - make sure he knows where we are, I think that’s now accomplished and knows we’re aware he’s there, the other is not to have a disgruntled neighbor, I’m almost guaranteed hard feelings if I finish this set up. He borders me enough that he could cut me off in a few places.

Obviously he’s not there much, it took a while to run into him. I can take advantage of his feeder and hunt the tower stand. Hopefully I can have another shot at working it out.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
You got me rethinking this. I have two primary goals - make sure he knows where we are, I think that’s now accomplished and knows we’re aware he’s there, the other is not to have a disgruntled neighbor, I’m almost guaranteed hard feelings if I finish this set up. He borders me enough that he could cut me off in a few places.

Obviously he’s not there much, it took a while to run into him. I can take advantage of his feeder and hunt the tower stand. Hopefully I can have another shot at working it out.
Bingo