Rant: Why are some dads like this?

YankeeRedneck

Those same old, crusty, greedy, lazy , fat, old farts will be asking for those young ones to push them out in the woods in their wheelchairs someday and wondering why no one will take their old butts hunting. There are no greater memories then when you take a young person hunting and they are successful. Those are what make the time in the woods or on the water precious!!

ghadarits

My boy is 8. He has been hunting with me since he was 4. This year he killed a doe and a good nine point. There was never any debate on which deer he could shoot. My club is trophy managed but they would be mad if you didn’t let a kid shoot a buck. All he wants to do now is hunt. I have by far taken more joy watching him love the sport and kill deer, than any hunting experience I’ve ever had. He got some turkey calls for Christmas, hopefully he will put a gobbler down this spring. I’ve got a hunting buddy for life.

That’s good stuff. I hope he doesn’t drive your wife crazy practicing like mine did when I gave them duck calls. ?

ghadarits

I take my daughter all I can and let her kill whatever is legal. She's 13 and has killed every big game animal in our state except a bear and gator (She's been close to killing a bear about 10x, just not happened yet). She enjoys the lease in McDuffie more than the mountains (camper, 4 wheeler, camp culture, less walking, no mountain climbing, etc).

Like the OP, that weird, jealous, small man part behavior is something I hope I never possess.

Often, we strap our hammocks onto opposite sides of the tree, and if game comes certain ways she kills, from others, only if she can't get turned without getting detected, ill fire. But always have tried to get her on the game. Its just plain fun.

The first hog she shot charged us, I had to knock my daughter out of the way and shoot it from the hip. It did a big somersault and stopped sliding literally 2 ft from us. You just can't buy that kind've fun being a score-monger.

This gets a double like because it reminds me of my daughter. Nothing better in this world than a young lady holding her own in the outdoors.

View attachment 1057919
View attachment 1057920View attachment 1057921View attachment 1057922View attachment 1057923View attachment 1057924View attachment 1057925

This gets a double like because it reminds me of my daughter. Nothing better in this world than a young lady holding her own in the outdoors.

Mike 65

Some of the best hunts I’ve had was taking my son with me and teaching him to hunt. He hunts with his on kids now and I jump at the chance to take my grandkids hunting, both are girls. Early November this year I sat and watched some of the best rutting activity I’ve ever seen one day Seen 8 different bucks, 4 were 8pts or better with one real good one. I choose not to shoot in hopes my oldest granddaughter would get him. I texted my son and told him to get her down ASAP. They got there the next day got in my stand and both killed bucks. She got her first buck! Man I was excited seeing the both of them kill that evening. That was one of my best hunts this year even though I seen nothing.

six

Buckman18, great pics. I’m liking that twin pipe turkey slayer. Thanks for posting.

Blackston, planting the seed, well done. I can see it sprouting in his eyes.

bany

Horse whipping sounds good!
The greatest kill of my life was my son shooting his first deer off my shoulder! He called the spot and led the stalk and dropped the doe in its tracks. I don’t know that a 180” buck would change anything about how I feel about that day 23 years ago! And if we sat together today with a monster in front of us I wouldn’t even touch my gun.

Latest posts